b16a into 89 civic hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have an 89 civic dx hatchback with a b16a1 and an 90-93 ls transmission....do i need to change my stock hubs???......and what axles do i use?????............and what wiring harnes can i use??....can i use the stock dx harnes with mods???.....pleezz help thanx

i am 98% sure you can use the stock hubs. you use the axles from the tranny. you can use your stock harness, but since you have a dx, you'll need to convert from DPFI to MPFI. you'll need to do some more research on how to do this, but i think you need like a fuel rail, intake manifold and resistor box from any 4gen civic/2gen crx anything but standard or dx. search up google for this, it's covered everywhere.

and another thing do i need an intermediate shaft or sumthin like dat???...........and how fast u think it will be with an ls cable tranny...in the 1/4 mile stock in my car??

Originally posted by superstreetb16@Jan 21 2004, 05:39 PM
and another thing do i need an intermediate shaft or sumthin like dat???...........and how fast u think it will be with an ls cable tranny...in the 1/4 mile stock in my car??

yeah you do. and for the 1/4 mile time, only one way to find out

you should get a decent 1/4 mile time but if you had a b16 tranny it would be faster.

any one know were i can get an intermediate shaft from?

do i use my stock dx intermediate shaft or 1 from an integra or another car?

Ps......whats the diffrence between the pr3 and the pwo ecus????
cuz i have a pr3 with a mugen chip ....but if a pwo is better then should i get it?

just to clear things up, you need to use a 90-93 integra halfshaft, 90-93 integra axles and you doo need to change your hubs. you can use either 88-91 civic/crx si, 90-93integra(dont use the upper a-arm when you change knuckles) or 91 civic 4 door ex.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jan 23 2004, 04:36 PM
DaStyle, please remove the pic from your sig. thanks

:werd: :withstupid: Mr. Beverly Hills Gangster man

Back