B16a Into 90 Crx Idles At 3500rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

magnum000

Just got my swapped motor started and it is idling way way to high. No codes, I checked the temp control sensor and it seem sto be ok. What else?? I have been waiting to get this thing running now for over a month. Thanks in advance eric

Check your timing. if no codes it could be a vacuum leak as always the case or your high idle is stuck.. now if it was boging then i'd be worried. but its usally something small

Also do a search that helps also.. answers alot of questions.. this subject seems to come up quite often..

Check your TC (throttle cable), It might be adjusted too tight and could cause it to idle at 3k... ;)

you could check your thermostat my old b16 crx did the same thing i got a b18a thermostat from autozone and it solved the problem... it might also be your head gasket...

im not sure, but check the timing, if it throws no codes then im not sure, but i know on a mini me swap sometimes it has a problem with the idle air control valve?? i might be wrong

Back