B16A into 93 DX Civic Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkElfTRP

Hi there I am new to the forums but have been lurky getting as much info as I could about doing my swap into my 93 Civic DX.

So far it has gone so so, ran into some issues with wires (wires wires everywhere oh jy oh bliss) but have gotten this taken care of thanks to a mech buddy of mine that is helping (doing) the swap. (again this is a B16A engine)

We however have ran into a snag, found out today that the MAP sensor and TPS are both FUBAR!!!

Is there any place i can order these parts for a decent price? Found a MAP sensor but will cost me close to $300+ for it. (ouchy) And well the TPS i am afarid to look for now.

So I am hoping that someone has ran into this issue(s) and has found a good place to buy this stuff.

Also is there a way to tell what the B16A came out of based upon the serial number on the engine, that would at least help me when it comes to ordering parts, had to go through 4 different water pumps before we found a match, let me tell you that was FUN!!! Thank god for BEER!

Well today has been a good day, found out the TPS will cost me nothing but some sweat, need to drill out the old bolts to get the sucker off, might just use the dreamel and knotch it out so i can unscrew it.

Now for the MAP sensor, looks like my donar car was an EG6 SiR with the MAP Sensor on the Firewall, so I have to get either a new TB with an integrated one or find a way to make one work.

Anyone know if I can use the MAP Sensor from my D15B7 if so how can i rig it up? If not which MAP Sensor can I use? I would prefer not to buy a new TB but if I have to I have too. I am tired of having no wheels.

Grr just when you thikn you have it all ready to go, something else small pops up.

Anyone know which Rad Hoses I should use, I still have the stock rad in a 93 DX HB, with a B16A (2nd gen) I was thinking may the Rad hoses off a GSR would work, and just use a worm clamp to make it fit the smaller DX rad pipe.

Anyway If i can get confirmation on this that would at least put me one step closer to getting the car done!

Also I stand corrected as to the MAP sensor, its part of the intake, what I get for posting with one to many Rye and coke's in me.

Back