b16a into 96 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civichx

i really want to turn my 96 honda civic hx into a hybrid. i was thinking a b16a-II ob2. from what i've read i know i need 94+ gsr axles, a new rear mount, and wiring harness modification. i'm still new to swapping engines so i gotta ask...how in depth are the harness modifications and how hard is it to put in the new mount?
would it be easier to sell off my 96 and buy an earlier civic...i've heard its a direct swap?

if you get a B16A2 from an Si, get the axles for an Si, rear Si motor mount bracket, Si tranny vibration mount bracket, a '96-'98 EX harness, An OBD2 to OBD1 jumper along with an OBD1 p28 ECU or p30. plug the harness onto the motor, and figure out what wires you need to extend. and remember to solder and shrink wrap. DONT EVER CUT AND SPLICE! let me know if you need any more help

what are you talking about bro? all 96 and up civics are OBD 2- why would he need a jumper harness?

and the B16A2 from the civic came in the 99- 00 civic si and they were OBD 2 as well so all her needs is the P2T ecu that came with those cars

try not to throw up COMPLETELY wrong information? k

a 99-00 si harness wont work in a 96-98.

99-00 = obd2b
96-98 = obd2a

a p2t wont work in a 98, unless he spends a useless $100 on an obd2a-obd2b jumper. might as well go obd1.

try not to throw up completely wrong information, k?

you dont necessarily NEED the tranny torque mount, but you DO need the a/c mount/bracket. the upper passenger side tranny mount is decently strong, but the upper driver's side mount is pathetic. at minimum, youre gonna need the rear mount from a 94-up gsr/ls or a 99-00 si, and the a/c mount/bracket from the same car.

anything you run into, i've probably run into before, so just pm me or hit me up on aim.

thanks civicious...slammedlude...get out of here if you dont know what your talking about! get your facts straight, then maybe you can post info.

Back