B16A into a 93 Civic EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DaveC8723

What do I need to swap a B16A into a 93 Civic EX? I have the complete motor.

I'm in the process of the same swap right now.the one problem that i have encountered is the transmission bracket. I tried to find a used one but no luck. So I wound up ordering one fron hybrid garage. good luck I'll post any more problems I see.

You need the complete motor, tranny, axles, and ECU. I think that's it. Distributer maybe? I can't remember....

I have that same swap in the same vehicle. You need the motor and tranny. Axels from a 94+ GSR, 99 si distributor, Shift linkage from hybrid garage, stabalizer bushings for that shift linkage (94+ integra), 94-97 del sol a/c bracket (if keeping a/c), throttle cable mount bracket from intgra(mounts on intake manni), then you have to extend the O2 sensor wires about another 2 feet. then hard wire in a knock sensor from the sensor the the ECU(check to see if you have one, it is under the intake manifold and it looks like a bolt with a plug on the end. it is above the oil filter) it is a very expensive sensor $150. A B16 ECU is best otherwise a chipped EX will work. If you decide to run the chipped EX. don't worry about the knock sensor, because the ECU won't look for it. YOu need new radiator hoses, amd I recommend up grading the the DEl sol dual core radiator to keep the bigger motor cold. otherwise if you don't up grade the motor might over heat, but if you get a wider radiator then you can't keep your A/c.

good luck, any more questions e-mail me. I would be glad to help

Darin

Back