B16a Into an 93 Civic EX Coupe Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Swags04

I have searched HT's countless amount of threads, this site's and others sticky's and none of them answer all my needs. Just bits and pieces here and there, and its getting more confusing!

My car- Bone stock 93 Civic EX Coupe
My swap- B16a w/ OBD2 Dist, Alternator,Injectors
My tranny- Transmission out of an 00 Civic Si.

I only have the rear tranny mount, it came with the motor and was used in the original owners 98 Civic LX. (Will this swap over?)

Which wiring harness will I need to use the obd2 parts?
-I read that any 96-98 Integra VTEC harness will work?
-Any thing I will need to change?
-Any sensors need to be wired in?
Which Mounts will I need? Including which mounts for AC and PS?
Which Shift Linkage?

And pretty much any other things that I will need to look out for when im doing the swap? Im trying to get everythign I need to do it in the weekend, so ill be able to have a car for the work week!!!

Aim:Swags04
Swags04@aol.com

Originally posted by Swags04@Sep 19 2005, 02:32 PM
I have searched HT's countless amount of threads, this site's and others sticky's and none of them answer all my needs. Just bits and pieces here and there, and its getting more confusing!

My car- Bone stock 93 Civic EX Coupe
My swap- B16a w/ OBD2 Dist, Alternator,Injectors
My tranny- Transmission out of an 00 Civic Si.

I only have the rear tranny mount, it came with the motor and was used in the original owners 98 Civic LX. (Will this swap over?)

Which wiring harness will I need to use the obd2 parts?
                  -I read that any 96-98 Integra VTEC harness will work?
                               -Any thing I will need to change?
                               -Any sensors need to be wired in?
Which Mounts will I need? Including which mounts for AC and PS?
Which Shift Linkage?

And pretty much any other things that I will need to look out for when im doing the swap? Im trying to get everythign I need to do it in the weekend, so ill be able to have a car for the work week!!!

Aim:Swags04
Swags04@aol.com
[post=556709]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes use the 96-98 GSR harness, it plugs right into everything, and makes life alot easier.
You will need to extend two wires for the IAT (intake air temp) sensor.
You will need a 94+ integra Rear Mount BRACKET, your existing rubber mount will work. [ BUT you NEEEDDD the bracket ]
You may need (i did) the driver's side mount BRACKET from a 94+ GSR as well.
[Again, the existing driver's side rubber mount should work]
I heard you can use the b16 power steering pump, and get LS power steering lines (94+)... but i didn't use it.
To retain your existing d16z A/C compressor, you will need a 94-97 DOHC VTEC Del Sol A/C Bracket and pulley. (p54 bracket)
Exhaust will bolt up fine.
My tranny mount bolted up just fine, both of them, but mine wasn't a 98 mount, so i can't be positive.
My lower radiator hose worked, but i needed an upper hose, which i got as a universal flex hose for $10.
The complete swap took us 12 hours, and that was with alot of breaks, and midway mount bracket searching at 9pm.
The swap is really easy if you get the GSR harness.
Oh, and welcome to HondaSwap.
I forgot to add, you will need the b16's shiftlinkage.
If you don't have it, get it from a 00 Civic Si.

What axles? Will a rad hose from a 00 civic si work?

Still trying to figure out the PS too right now...

LS 94++ Axles.
No the '00 radiator hose will not work, i have one sitting in my friend's garage with the price tag on it still.
:)

You will need a 94+ integra Rear Mount BRACKET, your existing rubber mount will work.

the motor has the bracket on there and the mount that was there will fit on there for you!

the power steering i don't know about the eg but my stock ek power steering pump worked just fine!

o yeah you have the coolant hoses on there already you can reuse those they are not that old!
for your ac your going to need to get one of two things one a b series ac compressor or go to hasport and order a $175 bracket that replaces the bracket on the motor and your stock d series ac compressor bolts right on it.
also the linkage you can get from a 94+ teg or a 99-00 si you can find them on here HT or clubcivic for like 50-60 bucks the axles you can use any 94-01 integra and if you have abs make sure you get the axles with the abs teeth if not your good, the ls and gsr from the part store i went to they had the same part number go figure! hope that helps you

Back