b16a into crx hf shaking during acceleration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

border919

i havea a jdm b16a with crx sir axles and half shaft in my car.the car just shakes during acceeleration only.do you think this could be my alingment.the swap came from another car.i checked to make sure everything is tight.it is a lowered car.the parts car that the motor and axls were in didnt have a shaking problem.any suggestions?

It could be your alignment.

Can you describe the shaking in more detail? like do you feel it in your steering wheel as opposed to the whole car.

How low do you have it dropped? Do you have a camber kit on it? I would double check and make sure everything is tight and get the alignment checked out.

Alignment will not cause the front end to shake.

A shake in the front end can be caused by an out-of-balance front wheel/tire, a bent front wheel, a worn-out-ass tire, a tire with a separated belt, a bad wheel bearing, an out-of-balance cv shaft, or a broken/lose component in the front end...but NOT by alignment. If your front end is out of alignment, it will cause poor handling, a pull to the right or left, and tire wear...but it will NOT cause a vibration.

Start by having your wheels balanced at somewhere like Sears Automovive, Discount Tire, Firestone, etc.

I'd be willing to bet it's your axles
The ones that came with my swap were horrible, the car vibrated under acceleration all the time; and at the top of second the steering wheel would oscillate back and forth.
Replaced the axles (91 integra) and it's been great ever since (almost a year)

i have crx sir axles. anyone know what intermediate shaft i need if i buy new integra axles.the 90-93 teggy intermediate shaft right?i think i already have one,

Get the same year intermediate shaft as the axles you get...if you get 90-93 Integra axles, you'll need a 90-93 Integra intermediate shaft; if you get 94-up Integra axles youll need a 94-up Integra intermediate shaft.

I had this exact problem when I first swapped my B16 in.
Turns out the SiR axles are too long by about a 1/2" if I remember right.
I used (like civicious said) LS Axles/midshaft. and it resolved the problem right away!

at our shop, i often have people describe engine misfires as a "shake" or "vibration"
does it seem to shake when you have it in nuetral and press the accelerator?

Back