b16a into crx valve cover ground strap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My question is why do I need to add a ground strap to the valve cover? The valve cover is isolated by the rubber gasket and grommets on the bolts. So how will this ground anything? If I go to the bolt on the valve cover it makes more sense. someone please enlighten me!

Well obvoiusly metal to rubber won't ground anything. personally my car runs like shit without it,(I once asked the same question to myself)so I had to make a metal to metal ground, if you feel it's not necessary don't use one...

grounds arent only necessary to help the engine start and run, they're also in place to help reduce corrosion build up on the battery terminals and nuts and bolts throughout the engine bay.

and also to suppress electro-magnetic and radio-frequency interference (this is why critical wires such as those to the knock sensor use shielded wire that's grounded.) in short, that ground helps resist a jumped spark, misfires, hesitation, bad gas mileage, low power, bogs and the such. those bolts are already grounded because they are threaded into the head, which has a direct path to ground. the valve cover, just like you established has no such path. you can go test my theory, or you can trust that honda engineers did their homework and put that wire back ^^

Back