b16a into eg 94 civic sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

td_civic

||=||(())||\\|||))//=\\
im currently in the process of buying a b16a for my car (im not sure what it came from) but was wondering how hard it will be to put into my car (currently has a d16y1 in it) if i get the mounting brackets with the b16a will it all line up the same. This will be my first engine swap so im still a bit shady on exactly wats involved but im pretty good with cars so if anyone has any sort of guide to carrying out this swap or can tell me anything about the swap it would be very much appreciated.

Took me about a month to do (two solid weeks, and two sets of weekends) but I had a front clip. Its pretty straight forward once you get a feel for what your doing. Hit me up if you have an specific questions. It was my first swap on my car, and so long as you got a guy to help out, and know basicly what your doing, youll be fine.

Currently doing a B16A into a 93 DX Hatch, it been about 2 weeks now, give or take a few days, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, the biggest issue i had is I did not know what my B16A came out of, I know they says it comes out of a Civic 92-95 SIR II but you tell that to someone in Lordco and they go "duh???"

it really don't matter what it came out of just need to make sure and use the ref. material so you get the wiring done correctly. other then that it is pretty easily if your good with a wrench. done that exact swap about 3 or 4 times myself so email me if you have any questions

well im looking at putting and integra type r 5 speed transmission(manual obviously) for the b16a and was just wondering how does it all bolt up, will it line straight up if i use the b16a motor mounts and does the type r transmission bolt sraight up?

well im looking at putting and integra type r 5 speed transmission(manual obviously) for the b16a and was just wondering how does it all bolt up, will it line straight up if i use the b16a motor mounts and does the type r transmission bolt sraight up?
The b16 is very well matched to the stock tranny. I think the gears in the ITR will be too tall. That aside I highly recommend this swap love mine. BTW did my swap in a weekend.

Dscf0165.jpg

Back