B16a into EG hatch question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brett245

swapping a b16a into my 92 vx but i want to retain the air conditioning. what do i need for a mount to mount the eg compressor to the b16? where could i find one? ...please help!!

P30 (Del Sol VTEC or 99/00 Civic Si) or PJ7 (CRV) A/C mount works just fine. Your pump will mount to it and it will bolt to your block perfectly. No mods needed. Just get a new belt for a Del Sol VTEC (others may work too but thats what I have)

You can find one from a variety of places online but your cheapest bet is a junkyard/recycler. I have the PJ7 and picked it up for $40 at a recycler

Its hard to swap the motor in with the A/C attached (with fluid still in tact) but I would think its not too bad after you zip tie it out of the way. If you need to remove it.....make sure you dis-charge it correctly/safely by a professional (its bad on the environment to just let it go into the atmosphere/drains/etc).

Sweet! so im not mistaken, all ill need is a new bolt for the mount? thats alot better than the dude who told me i had to buy a new aftermarket mount for it. yeah, i work at a honda dealer and we have recovery machines so i can recover/recycle the r12

i read that wrong, :huh: i need to look for a different mount. thanks for the help

you need the del sol dohc vtec ac mount off of 93-97 i believe then its a direct bolt and go

you dont need to discharge the ac zip tie it out the way

i have a ? about putting a b16a2 in my 93 cx well everything is done but the only thing is that it wont turn on it did the first time for three minute then after that it wont start all you hear is the main fuel relay ticking..... what can cause that or what is the problem?????

Bad main relay?? Ticking? It goes through a series of clicks but it should continually making clicking noises

the thing is that i tried two other off my other relay form my other honda's and it still does the clicking or ticking noise

Was there a motor in before? Was it running fine?

I am not too knowledgeable about what could cause it (outside the actual main relay) but I would look into the fuel pump. There must be a volt or ohm test you could do??

Back