1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a issues

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by gene, Sep 15, 2005.

1. gene

gene Junior Member

Hi there I have a 1st Gen b16a (PR3) in a 89 Si and I seem to have a problem where when I maintain a certain throttle load the car seems to bog/feel flat until I give the car some gas and it goes back to normal. I heard that the common problem would be the primary and secondary 02 sensor wires mixed up. I re-wired the two so that C8 and C16 are going to the proper sensors. But the problem remains. I get no codes and when I disconnect the 02 wires I get no ECU code either. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks for your advise in advance.
    :blink:

P.S. All new vacuum lines and new map sensor recently put in

2. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

I would personally convert to OBD1, its very simple and pretty inexpensive.

I hate the way OBD0 pr3's run a car. They just seem harder to get to run properly.

All you need is:
    OBD1 P30 or Chipped P28 ECU ~ $150
    DOHC VTEC OBD1 Dizzy ~ $150
    OBD0-OBD1 Jumper Harness ~ $100
    4-Wire o2 Sensor ~ $20

Plus, Sell all of your stuff for like $225 so you'll end up putting like $225 in to it.

3. dohcvteccivic

dohcvteccivic Junior Member

[I have had these problems before, and when I unplugged the o2's it ran fine, I would just get a CEL when I de-accel for a very long time. When that happened I just kicked the key off and back on real quick and never had any problems.

4. spoonfedcrx

spoonfedcrx Junior Member

do u have access to a fuel pressure guage? i ran into a similar problem with an 88 hf w/ b16a. only putting out like 20lbs of pressure at the fuel rail. check voltage at pump connector-more resistance means less voltage and under powered pump. this one ended up needing a new pump. did this problem just start overnight or something that gradually got worse and worse?

5. C-Bye

C-Bye Member

First thing comes to mind is dizzy! Thats whats what mine did before it totally locked up.

6. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

My 1st gen b16 does the same thing. If I maintain the throttle for a while and then get on the accelerator, it hesitates and spudders. I've seen this posted a few times here on HS and never have I heard of a solution that worked [​IMG]

7. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

:werd:
    Mine does the same thing.

8. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

Its the comp. the stock obd0 comps dont really care about the O2 sensors. I unpluged mine and drove for a week till i got a cell. right now i have the second O2 sensor tapped into the first sensor and still no cells. my b16a does this too. what speed/rev were you at? my b16 doesnt like to be driven under 3000 rpm. But I also have the time retarded 2 for the N2O

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted