B16A Jammed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TheBeast

Just got my first honda in may it's a 98 Integra, running a b16A set up, loving VTEC.

Problem. The engine jammed, possible bearing got knocked.

Solution. I got another b16 bottom half and I want to put it in. I have no money to pay mechanic

Problem. Don't know where to start

Help on how to start my project and what I will need

drain the oil first and seriously get haynes Manual for that engine and your car it will help alot like tell you bit by bit exactly how to take the bottom end out

when he says haynes he means helms or a service manual. i wouldnt rely on haynes or chiltons for rebuilding an engine. (i did for installing my header and broke 4 studs trying to torque to 44ft/lbs).

b16a Integra is like a poor mans GS-R that would cost more..

Just you let you know, it's no easy job. Not only will you have to replace every gasket you remove (head gasket, intake, exhaust, etc.) you'll have to get the timing adjusted, you'll have to pull the entire motor out of the car (shouldn't be a problem since it's an existing swap), remove the transmission, buy all new bolts and stretch (aka 1 time use) bolts, remove the crankshaft, get new bearings, all new components. It's going to cost a good amount of cash still. If I were you, when I had the engine apart I'd find a stroker or knife-edge crank kit and swap that in.. might as well make good use of the time spent taking it apart. Yeah and get it sleeved and ported and polished while it's all apart. Time and money well spent.

Back