B16a Jdm in 93 civic ex coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

huckpaul

I swapped a b16a sirII in my 93 civic coupe and I used the wiring harness that came with the b16a. I heard I could have used my ex sohc wiring harness but I sold it thinking the b16 harness will work. I heard I'm supposed to use a American engine harness either the ex sohc or del sol. My engine turns over with the b16 harness but no spark so it won't start. I thought it was the coil

So my question is can I use the jdm b16a wiring harness in my ex civic or do I need a ex or del sol harness American made engine harness.

Or am I in the right direction and it is the coil and not the harness at all.

Please someone help me I need to buy the harness if that's what I need or the coil but I want to know before I do buy anything.

Your best bet is to run a usdm ex harness because you'll know for sure that your the wiring on your shock tower matches up 100% . It already has your vtec wiring in place, just no knock sensor. Next I'd get the p28 chipped. A B16a should have obd0 plugs, so if you wanted to keep that, you'd need a jumper harness to run it off the p28. It'd likely be cheaper and cleaner to just grad another ex harness.

A B16a should have obd0 plugs, so if you wanted to keep that, you'd need a jumper harness to run it off the p28. It'd likely be cheaper and cleaner to just grad another ex harness.

The SiRII was the 92-95, it is OBD I.

Finding a OBD I Civic EX, or Si harness will be easier, and probably cheaper than finding a USDM OBD I B16A3 harness.

Back