B16a Jdm or not?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bns773

I have a JDM b16 2nd gen in my car with a cracked block so I ordered a long block and got it today. It looks totaly different than the one that is in my car. The intake and fuel rail are different and says p-3 everywhere instead of p-30. I thought that the USDM had a number behind the B16a (B16a2,a3). Has anyone had this problem or seen this before? Also does anyone know if there is a place to look up the S/N under the engine code to tell which B16 it is?

a lot of times they will have spare parts laying around at places where they sell engines. they prolly just put one together for you using USDM and JDM parts.

PR3 means casting from the ITR head, minus the port for your motor.

JDM wise, it won't say the series as in 2 or 3.......after the b16a......

serial numbers are pretty meaningless unfortuantely.

pr3 casting is a b16. p30 is just the ecu code, and minsor stuff like oil pans...

im confused by what you're asking. did you order a usdm and think you got a jdm?

Yeah I wanted a JDM and was wondering if it was a USDM. I got that all sorted out but now I can't tell which b16 it is. The stamp on my head that is in the car says pr3-3 and the new one says pr3-4. My old fuel rail is a stright flat rail, the new one has a weird thing on the end where the fuel line connects (almost like another filter) and is round. All the connectors are grey but the S/N starts with a one not five. Also the A/C bracket does not have a mount that bolts to the body. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

if it says "B16A" with no number after the A then its JDM

the b16 u have in ur car is a 2nd gen the one u juss bought is a 1st gen, my engine has the same thing at the end of the fuel rail. and its a 1st gen b16
thats all i can think of

just check the plugs if you want to know the OBD

injector plugs
distributor plugs

they are different for each OBD gen

Originally posted by assman@Mar 18 2004, 02:22 AM
the b16 u have in ur car is a 2nd gen the one u juss bought is a 1st gen, my engine has the same thing at the end of the fuel rail. and its a 1st gen b16
thats all i can think of

when i bought my 2nd gen it had a 1st gen fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator. 1st gens have that extra vacuum crap on the manifold. does yours??

No the intake looks the same it's just the fuel rail and the markings on the head that are different (pr3-3 and the new one says pr3-4).

if it doesn't have the bracket that bolts from the a/c mount to the chassy it's a 1st gen, more than likely.

I thought that the first gen had white connectors not grey connectors? If it is a first gen would my wiring harness fit? Also there is no distributor on it so I can't check the plugs from it but how do you check the injector plugs? Should I post some pics?

Back