1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16A Leaking passenger side front Camshaft seal

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by confusatron, Oct 1, 2005.

1. confusatron

confusatron Senior Member

I have a oil leak coming from the round black cam seal on the passenger side of the front of the valve cover. It's leaking quite a bit. I bought the part for the B16A2, and it doesn't fit my JDM B16A. It's too small. What the hell can I do about this?

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

it should fit. Depending on where you get your parts, some stores have different listings. For example, AutoZone has the same part # for a distributor for both the 92-95 Civic EX and 94-95 Del Sol Vtec. We all know that the Del Sel Vtec has a B16 in it, yet they seem to think they share the same distributor. Try and get the Cam Seal from Honda, I don't think they are that expensive even from the stealership.

3. swanny

swanny Senior Member

4. confusatron

Thanks a million bud. Yeah thats the part that appears to be leaking. Nice linkage. And yeah I bought the part from the stealership for 13 bucks, but it looks a little bit too small to fit. I haven't taken it apart yet so I can't be sure, but it looks totally different.

5. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

If you ordered the correct seal. It is the same. The dealership screws up sometimes, which is why I go on http://www.acuraparts247.com/ and look at the illustrations to get the part number and then ask the dealer if they have it in stock.

Check to make sure your part number is: 12513-P30-000

That's the correct part number for the seal you are talking about. That seal will work on ALL DOHC VTEC B-Series heads.

6. confusatron

They told me they can't order parts for the B16, because it wasn't in any american civic. So they ordered the part for the B16A2. The part number instead of p30, has p72 in it. Im just gonna order an STR plug and go that route instead.

7. scottp11

scottp11 The Seniorest Member....

El Paso, TX now, originally from Fresno, CA
    P72 was for the Integra GSR, which'll still work. For my JDM B16A Sir-II, I usually order parts from the B16A3 outta the USDM Del Sol vtec...

8. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

When you order from Honda they crossreference part numbers, I got the same one, it will fit.

9. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

Ditto it will fit.

10. confusatron

whats the best type of sealer to use for the cam cover?

11. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

any anaerobic sealant will work, or you can go to your stealership and get some Hondabond!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted