1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16A NA high compression ?'s

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Rangermlw, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Rangermlw

Rangermlw FNG

Hey guys first post looking for some second, third and fourth opinions if I can get

them. Ive got a B16A block and head. Im looking to go High compression but not

shure. Im skeptical of the OEM rods and crank are they "Good enough" to hold

11.0:1 compression? Also any piston suggestions would be great Im looking at

manley's but havent really heard alot about them. I would really be happy with

200 hp at the wheels. Any suggestions on how to get there would be greatly

appreciated:baby:.I know lots of ?'s but Ive got the motor out now and id like to drop

it in this summer and I was hoping a few of you grizzled veterans could help a

FNG out. Thanks

2. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

the B16B or the Civic Type-R motor has 10.8:1 from the factory. the crank is good even under high boost. it's more than capable of that NA. factory rods and pistons are fine for NA as well. so 11:1 or even higher, even like 12:1 can be had.

look into some head work, that's where you'll make most of the power in an NA motor. some mild headwork and a set of cams will get you closer to 200. you might need to put a 1.8 block on the B16 head. you can take any B series block. you could even go with a CRV's B20 block. 2 liter. read around the site some to get an idea of what you can do.

putting a turbo on it will easily get you 200whp on all stock internals, reliably.

consider stuff, lmk what's up.

3. J240sx

J240sx New Member

I agree. Got a 11:8-1 B16, Eagle Rods, Victor X manifold, JDM Type R header, pretty stock up top. Not pushing 200whp. Planning on going B20V now and push 220whp with that setup with Skunk2 Pro2's up top with a 12:5-1 CR. and all valvetrain. same bolt ons as before.

4. madvtec_2008

madvtec_2008 VTEC YO!

i agree with the b16b rods as a possability,even though u can get a set of H-beam rods from scat which would be rated for 650HP for 300 bones. but i would think about getting dome top pistons from arias...they are capable of 12.1...but if your interested in getting pistons they have to have press-fit wrist pins otherwise you gotta get rods via. floating wrist pins....(i belive) also possibly thinking of shaving the heads.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  5. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

Check the date on the threads. The OP made one post and left. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted