B16A NA high compression ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys first post looking for some second, third and fourth opinions if I can get

them. Ive got a B16A block and head. Im looking to go High compression but not

shure. Im skeptical of the OEM rods and crank are they "Good enough" to hold

11.0:1 compression? Also any piston suggestions would be great Im looking at

manley's but havent really heard alot about them. I would really be happy with

200 hp at the wheels. Any suggestions on how to get there would be greatly

appreciated:baby:.I know lots of ?'s but Ive got the motor out now and id like to drop

it in this summer and I was hoping a few of you grizzled veterans could help a

FNG out. Thanks

the B16B or the Civic Type-R motor has 10.8:1 from the factory. the crank is good even under high boost. it's more than capable of that NA. factory rods and pistons are fine for NA as well. so 11:1 or even higher, even like 12:1 can be had.

look into some head work, that's where you'll make most of the power in an NA motor. some mild headwork and a set of cams will get you closer to 200. you might need to put a 1.8 block on the B16 head. you can take any B series block. you could even go with a CRV's B20 block. 2 liter. read around the site some to get an idea of what you can do.

putting a turbo on it will easily get you 200whp on all stock internals, reliably.

consider stuff, lmk what's up.

I agree. Got a 11:8-1 B16, Eagle Rods, Victor X manifold, JDM Type R header, pretty stock up top. Not pushing 200whp. Planning on going B20V now and push 220whp with that setup with Skunk2 Pro2's up top with a 12:5-1 CR. and all valvetrain. same bolt ons as before.

i agree with the b16b rods as a possability,even though u can get a set of H-beam rods from scat which would be rated for 650HP for 300 bones. but i would think about getting dome top pistons from arias...they are capable of 12.1...but if your interested in getting pistons they have to have press-fit wrist pins otherwise you gotta get rods via. floating wrist pins....(i belive) also possibly thinking of shaving the heads.

Last edited:
Back