B16A needs a better tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yurik

what transmission is everyone using on their JDM B16 swaps? it just seems like its not strong enough, this is going into a 91 crx, we already have the swap done, im just looking for a stronger tranny, i dont think this thing can hold up to what its instore for, just curious as to what everyone is doing, thanks

b16b tranny is a civic type r tranny

Use the b16 but update the differential to a quaife or obx LSD. While its open you have ur chance to inspect & if need be replace syncros, bearings, what have you to have a minty fresh tranny. :D

Your stock tranny will be able to hold up under alot of power.But if you insist on getting a new tranny like a b16B your going to have to do a cable to hydro conversion because your car is setup for a cable tranny and there are no cable b16B trannies.

how much do you plan on putting down and you dont think it will handle? side stepping on slicks will destroy any transmission as will stupid driving.

around 300-350 whp, i jus dont think the tranny can handle it, but maybe it can, i dont know, i havent had much experience with them on built motors, but it jus doesnt seem like it would hold to me

How can I do a cable to hydraulic conversion? Where do I get the parts?

CTR/USDM ITR (same tranny) Have shorter 4th and 5th gears, but a longer final drive.

JDM ITR/EDM ITR have a little bit longer 4th and 5th gears but a shorter final drive.

1-3 are the same on both, but the ITR has the FD advantage.

As for your questions Handsome rob. I would recommend searching and if you have trouble with that, start a new thread.

Click on a Forum (in your case it would be General Tech) and then hit New Thread. Make a post.

Back