b16a needs rebuild... help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alby TDS

alright so i have a 95 del sol boosted with a 18g turbo, took it to get tuned. the guys i took it to beat the piss out of it, got it back and now it smokes and spits madddd oil. i want to rebuild it and upgrade all the internals, suggestions please?

Micro polish the crank, aftermarket rods and pistons, sleeve the block, OEM bearings and take it to someone else to tune it next time

thanks man, where should i get the rods and pistons from and what brands? sorry i'm pretty new at this.

Lots of decent companies. Your best bet is to find a shop or machinist who can handle the needs of your re-build. There are books and DVD's available if you want to tackle the project yourself too. Omniman 200whp N/A B16 Build is a great tool. Helm Manual too. In terms of pistons and rods....look on the turbo section of the forum and search for ideas that have already been posted dozens of times

He beat the piss out of it? how do you figure? If your motor's going to show any signs of weakness it will show up on the dyno. I blew 2 motors on a dyno.

My 350Z has at least 50+ dyno pulls from a single day. over and over and over again.

What power were you making with the B16? what fuel setup do you have, what manifold, what exhaust? how big? open or closed dump tube?

I had darton sleeves, custom JE pistons, I think eagle rods. honda OEM crank/bearings,ARP head studs. after market GSR oil gear. OEM valves, with after market springs, and retainers.

How many miles did the motor have?

Dont assume it's the engine just yet. The engine may be ok. He may have blown the oil seals in the turbo.The 1st turbo I had kept blowing oil seals. I had that turbo rebuilt 3 times. Before I had it rebuilt I was thinking it was my engine because the car smoked bad. My engine was new/rebuilt with a few hundred miles on it so I took the turbo off and put the header back on to make sure because all my internals were new. The car didn't smoke at all when i took the turbo off, and two mechanics were saying my engine was bad. The car ran perfect with clean, and clear exhaust when I took the turbo off.

thanks guys, and i need to rebuild anyway i have a spun bearing and i have metal shavings in my oil filter soo yeaa. haha

Back