b16a nightmares.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c!v!c

elite crew
Things were going so great, motor came in early, I even started a project thread thinking it was going to be in and running in the next two days. Boy was I wrong.

FYI: JDM B16A SiR-II into 1995 LX EG8 (Four doors FTW)

1. Engine is throwing CEL 1, O2 sensor. I read somewhere that the JDM wiring on their O2 is different, and that I was wrong when I wired it up color for color to my stock harness... Any ideas?

2. On the top of the intake mani... right on the throttle body, there is a little hose with a two way splitter that has no place to go because I'm retarded and don't know what it is. What is it?

3. JDM engine has no EGR can... So what do I do to the can on the firewall where the hose hooked up?

4. Last, but most important, the idle is nice and smooth, but I slowly press on the gas, and it bogs down REALLY hard, almost stalling, backfiring, etc. If I put the gas down hard, it'll move through it and rev smooth again. I haven't taken the car off the stands yet, so I haven't even tried with any resistance on the axles, it's just running clutch-in. Is this because of the O2 CEL? Or could it be because the TPS wiggles because it was damaged during shipping?

I hate to be a pain in the ass, but I really need help here :(

Last edited:
Ummmmm........
1. 4 wire O2
2. I believe its a vacumm line, which could be your idle prob.
4. Spark (plugs, wires, cap and rotor)

:huh:

My D15B7 had a 4 wire O2 sensor as well... I just had to solder some extensions onto the clip to make it reach, so that can't be the problem.

The car idles very smoothly, it's the RPM range just past idle that doesn't work.

Brand new spark plugs in the motor, Bosch +4

Grrrr!:eek:

Plug any vacuum lines that aren't going anywhere and put a new TPS on there if yours is damaged.

NEVER EVER RUN BOSH PLATINUMS IN A HONDA!!!!! EVER!!!!!! In domestic cars they are fine but in hondas they are known to have the teeth break off and destroy the head. Seen the damages not f*@king pretty. Get ngk's they are better anyways. Also, i put a jdm b16 in my car and i am telling you ecu makes a hell of a difference. For convenience try to locate a usdm ecu, also double check for vaccum leaks cause you said some hoses come off your tb had no where to go. Plug them off if you have too. That will cause some of the problems you have mentioned. Good luck and THROW THE BOSHS OUT THE F*@KING WINDOW!

Back