B16a Obd?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1991CRXsi

I have a 1991 CRX si, I want to swap a B16A from a JDM Sir. I want to know if the OBD 0 can be changed to OBD 1or2 for future modifications or can the OBD 0 be modified by hondata?If it helps it is a Pr3 ecu. Also what are all the things i need to replace when i get the motor?

Changing obd isn't that hard,distributor,injectors,ecu sensors,depending on the change.The part that becomes the problem is the older engine in the newer car and getting it smogged.If you mean what do you need to change as far as when you first buy the motor,timing belt,waterpump,anything that looks worn or leaking(gaskets)the clutch is a good idea while you have the engine out of the car.

If i get the old sir B16aA engine i will be rebuilding all internals and may run alot of nitrous at the track could hondata program and tune for all of these adjustments and work with the nitrous?

Not to sure of their applications enough to answer that.Go check out their website and read up to see if they have a application for your needs.

Originally posted by 1991CRXsi@Jan 3 2003, 10:39 PM
i want to use a venom nitrous kit with the hondata

Your ecu doesn't distingush between brand names,all it is going to know is that it is doing more than it wants to.Hondata can be used fro turbo,nitrous,whatever. www.hondata.com yes they have a system for the pr3.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 3 2003, 03:38 PM
Changing obd isn't that hard,distributor,injectors,ecu sensors,depending on the change.The part that becomes the problem is the older engine in the newer car and getting it smogged.If you mean what do you need to change as far as when you first buy the motor,timing belt,waterpump,anything that looks worn or leaking(gaskets)the clutch is a good idea while you have the engine out of the car.

I seriously regret not getting the clutch and timing belt changed before I put the motor in to my car, debt or no debt.

Back