B16a Or B18c Which Is Better To Boost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88crxdx

im looking into doing my crx in drag only, want to boost b16a, or b18c. :sleep:

psi means nothing, there's a huge article/thread on it somewhere around here. basiclly it's all about cfm's, 15psi on a small turbo may make 300 cfm's and 15psi on a large turbo may make upwards of 900 cfm's, so the same amount of psi generated by two different turbos will make two drasticly different amounts of boost. how much boost the engine can handle is also dertermined by how it is built. are you planning on leaving the engine stock? or are you gonna rebuild it so it can handle more boost? either way, for a drag car, i would definiatly go for the gsr because of the extra displacment. have you taken the h22 into consideration? it is one bitch of a swap but for drag, a h22 turbo setup owns all other honda 4 cyl. setups.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 14 2003, 06:00 AM
psi means nothing, there's a huge article/thread on it somewhere around here. basiclly it's all about cfm's, 15psi on a small turbo may make 300 cfm's and 15psi on a large turbo may make upwards of 900 cfm's, so the same amount of psi generated by two different turbos will make two drasticly different amounts of boost. how much boost the engine can handle is also dertermined by how it is built. are you planning on leaving the engine stock? or are you gonna rebuild it so it can handle more boost? either way, for a drag car, i would definiatly go for the gsr because of the extra displacment. have you taken the h22 into consideration? it is one bitch of a swap but for drag, a h22 turbo setup owns all other honda 4 cyl. setups.

yes iwant to rebuild the motor so its bullet proof, i want it handling as much turbo as i can, any ideas of how strong i can rebuild a gsr? $$$ is not too much of a problem. wouldn't the h22 have too move torque for my little crx, people were telling me i would bend the frame and a whole bunch of bullshit, and what would i have to do about customizing the h22?

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 14 2003, 06:00 AM

yes iwant to rebuild the motor so its bullet proof, i want it handling as much turbo as i can, any ideas of how strong i can rebuild a gsr? $$$ is not too much of a problem. wouldn't the h22 have too much torque for my little crx, people were telling me i would bend the frame and a whole bunch of bullshit, and what would i have to do about customizing the h22? what are cfms?

i dont tink you will be able to fit an h22 in a crx with a racig turbo system. not with out going tube frame.

money not a problem- b18c completely rebuilt, sleeved, aem ems, 1200 cc injectors, and so on running 35 psi on a t66.

but i guarantee you don't have the money for that, even if you say you do.

Back