B16a or B18c?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uconn1150

Ok, so the 'c' is $900 more so I am thinking what the hey. Will the 'c' make that much more of a difference in performance compared to the B16? The car getting the engine is a 92 Civic Sedan...yeah I need the room! :ph34r:

Thanks

B18C, and yes it will make a difference in the long run if you are going to modify it further. More displacement=more torque, more torque=you can move faster.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 7 2003, 01:05 PM
yes the difference is worth the $900

Then I guess I should just save up a bit more and go that way then...although the b16 turbo idea seems good too...how are parts for the b18c? are they just as plentiful and cheap as the b16 ones? Just in case I break something :eek:

Yes, just as plentiful. You're paying $900 for 17 ftlbs of torque and 202cc of displacement.

Originally posted by uconn1150+Sep 7 2003, 08:25 PM-->
@Sep 7 2003, 02:18 PM
Yes, just as plentiful. You're paying $900 for 17 ftlbs of torque and 202cc of displacement.

So is it worth the $900?
:eek:

Well, it is a better starting platform, and torque is hard to build than Hp, so the end justifies the means. I personally won't do a GSR, I would rather get a B18C5, since I am not to into building up internally and they start real nice. But I am fairly content with my B16A2 for now.

Back