B16a piston Q?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM91SIR

Yes I was wondering if the p73 integra type R pistons would work in my b16a block with out any problems?

To spare you from the "why would you want to do that" lecture that people here love do bestow upon anyone asking a question, the answer is yes, they fit.

hell my ls even has p73 jdm pistons in it, i had to do a little ::cough, bench grinder cough:: machinework to the rods to fit but that is only with LS engines, any other b series i heard they fit direct.

have fun and good luck

Putting ITR pistons in a b16 will lower the compression.. Use Civic Type R pistons. It will only bring you up to about a 10.8:1 range though...But with a 2ply head gasket you should have a 11:1... best bet is forged..

Originally posted by 99SiRidinLow@Jan 16 2005, 01:15 AM
Putting ITR pistons in a b16 will lower the compression.. Use Civic Type R pistons. It will only bring you up to about a 10.8:1 range though...But with a 2ply head gasket you should have a 11:1... best bet is forged..
[post=446312]Quoted post[/post]​

Only if they're USDM ITR. JDM ITR's will raise the compression.

Duh.

both USDM and JDM ITR pistons will lower the compression of a B16.

the USDM ITR piston will lower your compression to 9.72:1
the JDM ITR piston will lower your compression to 10.19:1

a stock B16A with PR3 pistons has a compression of 10.20:1

i calculated all of those with an OEM 3-layer gasket.

if you're trying to raise the compression than the only 2 OEM pistons you should consider are the P30 and the PCT.

P30 = 10.40:1
PCT = 10.80:1

Originally posted by civicious+Jan 16 2005, 02:26 AM-->
99SiRidinLow
@Jan 16 2005, 01:15 AM
[post=446312]Quoted post[/post]​

Only if they're USDM ITR. JDM ITR's will raise the compression.

Duh.
[post=446315]Quoted post[/post]​

Then these dudes got their numbers wrong http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/compcalc/compcalc.php

Back