b16a problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls vtec teg

hi

I have b16a ls tranny

vtec start ok but after 6500 rpm

its dead the acclereation very very slow even in 1 and 2 gear and have some white smoke

so what the problem ?

Are you throwing a CEL? White smoke generally means burning oil. Does it smoke at idle and worsen when accelerating?

Also make sure you have enough oil in your engine. Maybe lacking oil pressure causing vtec to not work properly?

If your oil level is good and you're building enough oil pressure, it almost sounds to me like you're having ignition issues.

yeh I think there are little leak but that the mean problem that make the car very slow?

even my old b18b was much faster I think to buy b18b again and throw it on

Check your oil level and make sure it's at the full mark on the dipstick. Lacking the right amount of oil will cause vtec to not engage due to there not being enough oil pressure. If you're near your car, this should only take a minute or two to check.

blue smoke is oil.
white is coolant, if its running out of power and starting to miss at higher rpms, you probably popped the hg. i've had it happen.

do a compression leakdown test. if you are losing coolant, its probably your head gasket.

I take it to garage

the guy side there are problem in piston so I must change the block

I see thay not worth it so I will put b20b on it

I found one but there are two kind one 146 hp and other 126

how can I know if its 146 hp ?

Back