b16a problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tianracerx

yo just had a jdm obd 0 b16a jdm swapped in my car. the problem im having is the car just got done and is in the shop and the shop tried starting the car and the car cranks but don't turn. they told me the reason y it ain't turning is becuase they need to take the tranny off and re-align it and that its the reason y its not starting. have n e one every heard of that?

please let me know cause its the first i heard of.....

I dunno dude, sounds kinda BS. Never heard of that. If its cranking then it should have anything to do with the tranny. Im not sure what would have to be aligned anyways. If you took the tranny out only thing to really align is the clutch unless its a auto? I would tell em you wanna watch or get some more information on what exactly the problem is.

if it doesnt crank then it is the starter. tell them to check the solenoid and connections. if it tries to crank and wont turn over, better try and crank it by hand from the pulley and see if it is siezed. i got mine runnin, but it is stuttering in the mid range. dont know what to do. good luck man.
peace :spin:

yea im going to check it out today thanks guys cause im thinking its mad shady im look into it tho ask them wha exactly they trying to do

OK THIS IS WHAT THE SHOP SAID THAT THE CAMS ARENT TURNING SO THEY GOING TO TRY AND REALIGN THE TRANNY ..... ITS FUNNY THO BECAUSE THE COMPRESSION ON THE MOTOR IS 220 WHEN I ORDERED IT SO HOW CAN A MOTOR WITTH THAT COMPRESSION SIEZE UP???

Dude their fulla shit. I would talk to the supervisor or owner of the shop. It makes no sense. Realign What in the tranny? If the cams arnt spinning it fucking siezed. The only thing i can think of is that the starter isnt making contact with the flywheel. But that would be and issue with the starter. I dont see how you can realign a flywheel. I call BS Anyone?

that is bull shit, take your car a run to another shop.

drag it if you have to.

"Cranks but doesn't turn"? You mean it cranks and doesn't fire up?

If that's the case you probably need to check that fuel is getting into the cylinder. If not, you need a fuel pressure reg. A swap I did for my friend recently (B16 in EF SI) had the same problem, put in a FPR and it started right up..

now I have to figure out why it bogs down after warming up.. :lol:

ok this is the update

went to the shop the engine cams turning turns out the engine just need to let the pil lobercatenow the problem is rigth before you reach the end of one rotation from turning it wit a socket wench it gets alittle tooo hard to turn you have to add alot more presure but the cams are turning what you think the problem is?

is there oil in the motor??i always put a quart or two over the full line when i first start my swaps..get that thing lubricated..also sounds like something is wrong with the wiring maybe.who did that the shop?anyways after that check dis cap/rotor,new plugs,new fuel filter and then check the timing.one more thing check all the ground connections

did you change the timeing belt? if so id redo it.i had a similar problem with my b16a.there wasnt enough tension on the belt so it was lose and then as you cranked it by hand it got tighter.

did you change the timeing belt? if so id redo it.i had a similar problem with my b16a.there wasnt enough tension on the belt so it was lose and then as you cranked it by hand it got tighter.

Back