b16a problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Update

Sorry i havent responded i started a new job and thats been all i have been doing. Now Yesterday i bought a USDM Intake manifold and USDM throttle body for 40 bucks not bad. I had a pain in the ass taking off the old IM and putting on the new IM i put all the sensors on and i i have to do i plug in the hose that runs from the pvc valve to something else. i still have to bolt everything back on 8 nuts and then i still have to put coolant, and a couple other things. but what suprised me is weh i tryed to hook up the throttle cable it was like the oppisite way? so i just took off the old throttle piece and put it on the new one and that resolved tjhat problem now i will keep you guys updated on what happens next. what else should i check for and i have a line that i do not know where it goes it comes from the fuel filter i believe please help me out

20111217_182901.jpg

Pissed off

ok i put the USDM Intanke mani and took off the JDM intake mani now i bolted everything down and i think i put everything back how it was. but i have a hose left over from the charcol thing i think. how when i turn the car on nothing comes out of that hose and it doesnt suck or blow so now when i turn on the car on it turns over but i have to keep giving it gas if i let go i will die please HELP ME!!! and when it dies it mas a sizzle sound and i did not replace the intake mani gasket

You didn't replace the intake manifold gasket? :facepalm:

You need to check for a vacuum leak. Look into it and see if that is the issue.
Might have a leak coming from connection between head and IM.
The IM torque settings is like 17lbs to the head. And re-torqued after it runs and gets warm.

And that is not a USDM B16 manifold. Looks like OBD1 JDM. I owned both at one point. It would have a threaded hole in that metal tab on the back driver's side of the intake manifold. Its to mount the evap purge solenoid (which I am guessing what your miscellaneous vacuum line)

no engine lights on and i know i should have replaced the im gasket my bad rookie mistake. Now that would cause the car to die?... i thought it would idle funny. im going to take the im off again and replace the gasket. whats the wiring diagram for all the sensors by the im because alot of them have the same clip. im just putting guesses out there but this car is really starting to piss me off.. ha but i love working on it. also im going to check for that hole CAFROG was talking about tonight i will keep you guys posted

I am pretty sure that if you had any of the connectors plugged into the wrong spots then you would get a t least one cel. The hole is not there. We can clearly see it in the pic. I don't know if that will cause a problem though. I have the same manifold and I have never used the charcoal canister. I took the whole charcoal system out of my car and I am not using the evap purge solenoid. I would start by changing the gasket then just double check all the vacuum lines.

I see now. If its a jdm ecu then there is no need for a evap purge.

But usdm ecu looks for it.

I miXed up the evap purge plug with the iat plug and it threw a code.

I say vacuum leak or timing (electrical or mechanical timing)

i replaced the IM gasket and now im trying to figure out the wiring for the fuel injectors i have all yellow/black lines plus red yellow brown grey help me out whats the right order

What do you mean by jdm vs usdm ecu. I have a p28 with a chip which is usdm. The evap is just disabled.
I'm talking about regular untouched ecu's. In Japan, they did not use the evap purge system like their usdm Counterparts did.

A chipped ecu that has it programmed to disabled evap purge and/or other things will work great.

i replaced the IM gasket and now im trying to figure out the wiring for the fuel injectors i have all yellow/black lines plus red yellow brown grey help me out whats the right order

I know the yellow/black are the constants for each injector and the other ones are the grounds for each individual injector (signal sent from the ecu) I cant help much more b/c I don't have a D or B series harness to look at

I looked at my harness and it goes yellow/gray/red/brown. Yellow being closest to the dizzy and brown being closest to the timing belt.

Ok they are wired up right then but the cops be hating on me cuz I jump my car and I gas it I love the sound and my neighbors be on my asswhatever so I still havent jumped it yet so I will let u guys know

ok i jumped it and i turned it on but it keeps dieing like i turn it on get off the clutch give it gas and if i let go of the gas it dies what could it be? im thinking it is the alternator not creating power put it used to turn on perfect before? IDEAS?

Hondas pissing me off

Now i have not read any codes because its obd1 and do not know how to do it with out the scanner. now when i turn the car on it has to be jumped because the new battery is died im taking the alternator off today to see if that is it. please let me know if you have any ideas because when i jump the car and i let go of the gas or the clutch it dies

Check the codes....period. Maybe it's an alternator but you need to see why the engine light is on.

Back