B16a Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wakebordr101

i have a 89 crx and just bought a b16a...i know i have to get a new header because the stock one is to short...but i just dont know which one to buy!!! also i was looking at getting the HKS sport exaust from robear racing but they say it is for a Civic Si 88-91....will it work on my car??

You get the header thats for your engine. For the exhaust you buy what fits your chasis. If your header is too long/short measure the difference and have a muffler shop fix it. Thats what I did I used a Megan header and it was an inch shorter so I took my resonator to a muffler shop. He cut the flange off and welded an extra bit of length onto it. It bolted right up afterwards.

You don't need to buy a new header, you just need to have your exhaust modified to match. There really isn't any reason to buy a cheapo header because they really don't make much if any more power than stock.

The Civic and CRX are the same chassis so yes, the exhaust will fit, although, since you already said you had issues with a short header, why don't you just have an exhaust shot weld something up for you? It'd be cheaper for sure. Another option is getting a piping kit from the likes of Welcome to Kteller.com and have someone weld it up for you. Mandrel bent exhaust for $225 is a damn good deal.

if you get the midpipe for a 88 to 91 civic it's about 10 inches to long, i had to cut a piece out of mine to fit the crx

Back