B16a rev-limiter kicking in at 7-7500 rpm?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Is The Timing Set Right
Meaning #1 Cyinder Is Tdc And Crankshaft Arrow Aligns With Oil Pump Arrow Too

And Camshaft Gears Tdc Point Up And Arrows In Middle- Line Up

Hey man, I got it fixed, thanks to you! I was thinking it was 02 sensor, when it was blinking 1..

One solid blink is the tenths place, and one fast blink is ones place, right?

Soo two long blinks = 20,
And two fast blinks = 2

Right?

Anyways, I had to rig up my AIT sensor because the skunk2 one moved it over to the 2nd cylinder where stock is on the 1st cylinder.

What I did:
Took to crimp-on connectors (the kind that lets you connect two wires together) I cant think of what they are called..

And then mashed one end of them and slid them on the posts of the AIT sensor, crimped the wire to them, and tape the heck out of em. Then I soldered and heat shrunk the wires to my stock wiring and everything seems to be working fine now!

My idle is way high but it's not fluctuating anymore. How do I adjust the idle on this car?

The rev limiter seems to be kicking in a little over 8000 is that where it should be?
Where is a good shift point for this motor? Seems like it makes it's max. power around 7600, should I set it there?

REP POWER TO YOU!! You helped me out a lot. Thanks man!

adjusting your idle:

First: start your car and let it idle till the cooling fans come on 2 times on there own.

2nd: shut off car

3rd: disconnect your throttle position sensor

4th: start the car with the the tps disconnected (this will make your Check engine light come on)

5th: get a flat tip screw driver and turn your idle screw down to 700-900 rpm

6th: shut off car

7th: remove the back up fuse from under hood fuse box for 10 seconds

8th: reconnect tps

9th start car and let is idle for 10 to 15 minutes with out touching the throttle this will do a ecu idle learn procedure.

10th: Done shut off the car and restart it your idle should be good now!

To adjust the idle turn on car.
open hood.
behind skunk2 manifold there is plug that has two hoses for coolant.
Remove plug.
on throttle body there is an idle adjusting screw
use a flat head and turn counterclock wise to lower idle or turn clockwise to max idle.

the idle on this motors are 450 to 750 rpm

and the rev limiter is 8000 that's odd my mines is 10000 anyways to have high end power then 7500 and redline at 8000

and yes 1 long beep= 10
and 1 fast flash is= 1

anything else and no problem helping out people in need GOOD LUCK!;)

Where is this idle screw you guys are talking about? I'm not seeing it.. There is a small screw with a nut on it under where the throttle cable hooks in, but it's not changing anything..

Well I found it, it was covered in some white silicone stuff.. (Probably from the factory)

Got it adjusted to about 800-1100RPM depending on how she feels. I think it's that little screw under where the throttle cable goes holding it.

Also,
My idle is still fluctuating.. Could a air leak cause this?

Back