b16a revving slow?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JAKracing

i swapped a b16a in my 90 hatch. i got it running and went down the road once. well it didn't sound right. plus it bogged at partial throttle. so i switched the o2 sensors around. well got rid of the bogging, but now it revs slow. like it ain't got no power, any help would be greatly appreciated....thanx, jason

Was the wiring harness cut at all? If so just get a new on n or the plugs r not right switch them around and are you sure u have the spark plug wires on right they r diff setup then on d series.

whats rev limit it at? it may be in safe mode and sometimes the check engine light will turn on and then turn off while driving...the codes doesnt go away it gets store in the scu check that and ya check inigtion timing with a timing light the red mark (middle line) oin the pulley will line up with the black pointer on timing cover you have to bypass the plug by the heater motor under the dash with a piece of wire anbd move dizzy to where ever you want you timing mark to go

Back