b16a running weak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

exile

I just bought a 93 integrawith a b16a and a s1 tranny there is something going on that the car is not really that quick at low end it doesn't really have power until the vtec kicks in. I driven gsr before but my car is not even close to that. I am running with a p61 ecu intead of the ls p72 that it had when i bought the car. I dont really know much about the car because I bought it at at towing co. also two days ago the check engine light just started acting wierd. but the weak power has always been a problem if I have the car in neutral and rev it to a steady 3000rpm for 10 secs the cel light comes on but I cant get a code because when I turn off the car it erases. and if I put the jumper on the 2p connector with out turning off the car it wont work. the really is no diference when the cel light is on or off. also how do i know which b16a i have and also I have the timing light and i know how to hook it up but how exactly do you know how many degrees it is off by. and is the pointer supposed to be in the middle of the three markers on the pulleys. please help.

Back