1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a sir II head work

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 95sir, Jan 7, 2004.

1. 95sir

95sir Senior Member

I am looking to have my head ported and polished, my question is if I use ctr or itr camshafts what valvetrain should I use, and how do I know how to match it up? should I just use the ctr or itr....I was told I can use the same valves but have to upgrade the rest... thanks for the help.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

You can use your stock springs on CTR/ITR cams, but anything bigger than stage1 or OEM replacments will need a matching valvetrain to support the higher lift/longer duration.

3. 95sir

95sir Senior Member

Ok cool so is it worth it to have the work done using the ctr cams with the stock train?

4. jastunna1987

jastunna1987 Member

yea, you'll feel a lil gain. but if you had some $$$ i'd get it port n polished really nice, and build it wit skunk 2 valve train, that'd be really nice.

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

you get what you pay for when headwork is concerned, unless you know the guy or some shit like that.

let someone with experience do it, honda experience that is.

i would upgrade to ITR valvesprings when using ITR cams

6. 95sir

95sir Senior Member

thanks guys I talked with a local shop today and I am going to keep the stock cams in for now and just get new valves. They said the springs would be good for now as well. what kind should I get I heard skunk2 was ok and crower is pretty cheap..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted