B16a SIR II into a 95 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lnxmad

Dipper
So yea, Im swapping in a JDM B16a into my 95 EX. I got a custom exhaust put on awhile back. A few months later i put a test pipe on. Im wondering when I swap the B series in, if im going to have problems with my exhaust fitting. Im going to be using the stock header that came with the b16, but someone told me that I will have a 4 inch gap between the Test pipe flange and and the flange on the header. Can anyone confirm this? If so Ill just Jiggy up a new test pipe, but before I go shopping for the parts I will need for the swap I just wanna know if I should have that on my list.

Made a quick diagram(dont mind the poor quality, I'm no Michelangelo)

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 173
it will have a gap. will have to go to the exhaust shop and have them extend your test pipe

yea, just visit the local muffler shop and have them cut the flange and add a piece of pipe to extend it

i had to do the same thing

Well this is great. My friend told me it would have a gap so I went here and Honda-Tech. Honda-Tech said it wont have one, it will bolt right up, and you guys say it will have a gap. I talked to another one of my friends who had ls/vtec in a hatch, he had to put d series back in for inspection and he said it bolted up fine. So I don't know anymore

I made a test pipe myself with my friend. I guess I will go out and buy a long pipe. Cut, Weld, boom. I just want this swap to go well. What else did you have to change/replace?

just swap the motor.. if it doesnt fit, drive to the muffler shop open header.. i've done it a few times :D loud as fawk the whole way :lol:

haha, My friend has a lift and everything else i can posibly think of. I will just go out and purchase one just in case. ;) anything else I should worry about? Which radiator hoses should I use? How should I run the Knock Sensor? What kind of wire? Thanks I appreciate it.

i just used some black 14 gauge wire and took some electrical tape and taped it underneath the harness in the engine bay.. you can't even tell it there.. get radiator hoses for a del sol vtec, but i think your stock hoses will work.. actually i'm almost positive your stock hoses will work

i bought my car from a shop that did the swap when i bought it.. but if you need to know something just ask..
lets start w/ your parts list you have so far then we can see if you're missing anything

i'm pretty sure you'll need to extend the wire to the vtec solenoid too

ok Well the motor comes with everything that is really necessary(axels, shift linkage, mounts).

My list includes:

Radiator hoses(upper and lower)
14 Gauge wire(50ft)
Stage 1 Clutch
7.5lbs flywheel
Oil(synthetic ? should I run it?)
fluids
test pipe
Air filter(will the piping fit?)
NGK Spark Plugs

hmm I think thats it for now. Anything I should add? All ideas welcome. =)

sounds like you got it..for oil i'd run Mobil 1 fully synthetic 5w30 .. oh and heres a tip.. make sure you put some tape and label the plugs and vacuum lines or you'll have a headache trying to figure out what goes where..

yea lol I take note of that. I was going to do that but im not 100% sure what plug is what. My friend has swaped over 10 motors so he should know. I will definitly tape everything though. I have a short shifter on my d series linkage, Will that fit on the B series linkage?

I swapped a sir2 into my 95 del sol (had d16z6) My exhaust and such bolted up fine...had maybe a half inch gap, but the hangers (rubber pieces) had enough elasticity to connect them until I could get to the muffler shop. I then had 2.25 ran from a 4-1 header back. I don't think it will be that big of an issue, but then again my swap was a del sol. I am not too sure if the exhaust is the same in a civic coupe.

ok thanks, heres some pics of my baby. Do you know if a short shifter from a d series shiftlinkage will work with B series?

Attachments

• civic2.jpg
    civic2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 365
  • civic5.jpg
    civic5.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 184
  • civic3.jpg
    civic3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 180
  • civic1.jpg
    civic1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 209
Looks good. I love my swap...great upgrade from the d-series in my opinion. Good luck with the swap. I like those rims.

I would assume so. I had to change mine from my d-series to the shift linkage that came with the jdm linkage...the shifter pointed towards the passenger seat with the linkage that came with my swap. it worked perfectly for me.

It did for me. I have pictures of the bracket I made...but it's 12:30 and I don't feel like looking for the disc with the pics on it right now. I can post them tomorrow if you want.

Back