B16a SIR II into a 95 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sure, that would be great. Motor is coming in wednsday. Quick question. Who did u get it from and how did u unload it. Im not paying for a lift gate. Im just going to get some planks and slide it down. How did u manage?

I bought the entire swap package from hmotors online. It came to me by Wilson trucking company and I paid for the liftgate...It was like 50 bucks extra and saved me a ton of back-breaking work. The engine will more than likely come palletized and probably will not "slide" to easily. I also had a cherrypicker with wheels to help move the engine and crate once it was dropped in front of my garage.

lol I got mine off of jdmsource. My friend said he got fourwheeler ramps and slid it down. Its over $100 to get a lift gate...not worth it. Im trying to think of the best way(besides liftgate)

I don't know of an "easy" way to get one off of a truck. I figured a liftgate fee was more than worth the comfort of knowing my engine won't accidentally be rolled or dropped. I stand by the cliche...pay a little now or possibly a lot later.

Yellow Transportation warranties the package from when it enters the truck untill its at the customers driveway off the truck. If it drops then they send me a new one. =p I was thinkin of having my friend back his f150 up to the truck and just "slide" it into the bed of his truck.

Could work...do you have a cherry picker? If so, you could unpackage the engine and pick it out of the bed of his truck. That wouldn't be too bad. I have loaded engines into truck beds with a engine hoist, so I know that should work.

about four of my friends lifted a gsr into a bed of a truck. so thats not a problem. Im just worried about them showing up and not being able to unload =\

The engine is heavier than what you may expect. You will need at least two or three people to slide it off the truck and into the bed.

Here are the pics...some a little blurry. I don't know if you can see it that well but I cut a piece of 1/8 steel and mounted it where the old throttle cable bracket should go. I then drilled two more holes and mounted the cable bracket in the new location.

Attachments

• Honda 006.jpg
    Honda 006.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Honda 007.jpg
    Honda 007.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Honda 004.jpg
    Honda 004.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Honda 005.jpg
    Honda 005.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 144
He asked about the throttle cable on the first page. I told him I would post pics and he said that would be great.

Edit: Orrrr maybe not. I think I talked to him on another thread about this (throttle cable bracket). If not I just wasted time posting the pics. I don't know what bolt he is talking about on the shifter, though. The shifter comes off the linkage and is simply a bolt through the bottom to hold it onto the new shift linkage that came with the b16.

Edit: Yes, I got lost between threads. Sorry. You shouldn't need a bracket to make the shifter work. My mistake...should bolt up just like the old one.

Last edited:
lol thanks for the pics. Motor looks good and thet bracket looks very easy to make. Thanks for all your help/support. Im still woried about unloading it =\

Back