B16A SiR-II next step

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yep i never go cheap, only new quality parts. I dont like skimping on certain things. Some things i can take used but rarely. I cant wait to try some cams, fuel and more spark, i think i would be very happy with.

I'm still stuck with crap 7mm wires for god sake.

Happy 200th post for me!

Yep i never go cheap, only new quality parts. I dont like skimping on certain things. Some things i can take used but rarely. I cant wait to try some cams, fuel and more spark, i think i would be very happy with.

I'm still stuck with crap 7mm wires for god sake.

Happy 200th post for me!

haha, congrats! but yeah I was advised that when building a turbo set up you don't necessarily NEED new parts on everything but i'll deal with that when it comes down to it, but i am really glad i decided to go with the DOHC, especially the SiR-II I think i'll be very pleased with that :D

crower?

new to this site and was curious if anybody knew if brian crower parts are good or bad?i hear alot of bad and good just curious if i could get some feedback if possible or anyone that has bought or used the parts:huh:

new to this site and was curious if anybody knew if brian crower parts are good or bad?i hear alot of bad and good just curious if i could get some feedback if possible or anyone that has bought or used the parts:huh:

read the FAQ's and stuff,I don't really care but I am sure some people are going to be on you about thread jacking...put up your own post and don't intervene in another one like this, not cool..

Mj , i have posted here before and will again you plan is solid just keep your goal in sight and only buy parts that meet the end goal . and you will be happy with an sirII great motor , but as said before ( do it right and you only have to do it once ) good luck and keep us posted on your mods

Mj , i have posted here before and will again you plan is solid just keep your goal in sight and only buy parts that meet the end goal . and you will be happy with an sirII great motor , but as said before ( do it right and you only have to do it once ) good luck and keep us posted on your mods

thanks man I will keep ya'll posted without a doubt, as soon as I get that bad boy in i'll get a thread started

Personally I would say get the motor in the car, then do headers and exhaust obviously the intake and then mess with the suspension. Intake, headers, and exhaust are cheap but in my experience when it comes to quality suspension parts it tends to get a bit expensive.

Personally I would say get the motor in the car, then do headers and exhaust obviously the intake and then mess with the suspension. Intake, headers, and exhaust are cheap but in my experience when it comes to quality suspension parts it tends to get a bit expensive.

well kyb gr-2 shocks and springs i can get for $300 and get a camber kit for another $100 or so don't seem too bad, i/h/e would be 3 times that much

You still gotta pay to get those springs, shocks and camber kit mounted unless you got the tools to do springs. But why don't you just wait and build the motor while it is out of the car? and just enjoy the better gas mileage of the d15 in the meantime? That way there isn't any down time if you have to pull off the head and send it to the machine shop for pnp, valvetrain, and whatever else.

You still gotta pay to get those springs, shocks and camber kit mounted unless you got the tools to do springs.

Spring compressors are only thirty bucks or so at Auto-Zone. Other then that, it's just basic hand tools and a torque wrench. I did shocks and springs at home in my garage, it's really not that hard... :shrug2:

well as stated before the d15 has well over 300,000 miles on it..and when I was talking about doing that kind of work to it...as far as achieving my 200whp goal, that is coming much much later down the road, i/h/e is all I intend to do as far as performance wise for now. Thats with getting good quality i/h/e. Now depending on how much some things will cost and how much money I have, maybe something like an upgarded cam and intake manifold might be in the more near future, but I think i'll be pretty content with the power or the SiR-II in my hatch even without i/h/e. New tires and suspension is something that will be on the car regardless, and as mentioned before maybe some new brakes, because the engine itself is going to be a HUGE upgrade and Suspension and Brakes will be just a much a safety factor as a performance factor...But yeah the Bigger plans for the motor as far as head work is way way later down the road So getting the swap and having it sit there untill i get the machine shop work done to it would be kind of pointless f buying it in the first place

Spring compressors are only thirty bucks or so at Auto-Zone. Other then that, it's just basic hand tools and a torque wrench. I did shocks and springs at home in my garage, it's really not that hard... :shrug2:

Exactly, plus my friend has the stuff to do it...the only thing I would have to do is get an alignment by a shop

I know its not too hard. I have done it at work but I didn't know the tools were that cheap. Well in that case i/h/e and bad ass suspension setup with a good brake setup will be an awesome start. But yeah I don't remember the entire theory behind it but drilled and slotted rotors are pretty much pointless because the ceramic pads we normally use now-a-days disapate heat better than the pads they were first using with those rotors. Also if you aftermarket wheels or some sort of alloy wheels the brakes are already getting better air flow and they cool a lot faster that way as well so the drilled and slotted rotors aren't really necessary unless it is just for looks.

I'm not sure if it was you I talked with about using a Hytech header for their set up or someone else but either way, which route do you plan to go with your exhaust? Off the shelf or custom made?

I'm not sure if it was you I talked with about using a Hytech header for their set up or someone else but either way, which route do you plan to go with your exhaust? Off the shelf or custom made?

yeah it was me, UmMmM I was looking at a Megan Racing drift spec exhaust but since I have decided to go all motor I might go with something different, I just don't want a ricey sound I want something with a nice deep tone....how much are those hytech headers?

Back