B16A SiR-II next step

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:lmao: haha...I'm proud that you at least researched it. Ask Brutal about Megan Racing. He has some of their stuff. As far at the Hytech's though, you did see the price, but they are made for all-motor and will actually help you gain power, unlike other headers, like the header I have in my car right now, which is just something to help get rid of the ever so lovely exhaust manifold.

HKS sounds good. :)

My car sounds like the S2K from F&F2.

:lmao: haha...I'm proud that you at least researched it. Ask Brutal about Megan Racing. He has some of their stuff. As far at the Hytech's though, you did see the price, but they are made for all-motor and will actually help you gain power, unlike other headers, like the header I have in my car right now, which is just something to help get rid of the ever so lovely exhaust manifold.

Yeah but I just don't see me having that kind of money to spend on a header and on exhaust. Those might be able to come later down the road when I am more established but I might have to stay with my megan racing, at least the exhaust i mean it's not too expensive I can get the full catback exhaust for a little over $300. From what I have heard it sounds good too...and then I can get either a Megan racing, or like a DC sports 4-2-1 header. Cold Air intake and I might be in business for a while lol Now with just those 3 things would a Tune be necessary, or beneficial?

alright alright I get it no DC, So some megan racing 4-2-1 headers and catback exhaust and maybe a CAI ,,,but no one has still answered my question...would it be necessary or beneficial to get a tune with just those 2 or 3 things???

With just bolt-ons, no, you don't need a tune. Just reset your ECU and call it a day.

Once you add cams and do some head-work then you'll need to think about tuning...

sounds good...So here is a noob question...Since I will be having the b16a sir-ii motor in my car, i would need to get the header for that engine, but still get the exhaust for my year car correct?

yes. exactly just make sure the input and output or however they word it are the same size. I made the stupid mistake of buying a 2.0 header, which is hard as hell to find a cheap cat back for that size. 2.5 is your best bet. As for the intake I would say go aem v2 I have heard it is the best on the market from a lot of people. Also when you go cams skunk2 or crower is a good brand! just my 2 cents.

never mind let me rephrase that, how do you like your HKS hi-Power exhaust ?

Well truthfully its only the muffler that is HKS, but the piping its semi-custom made, its a very direct route. I'm not sure of the header make but it looks custom as well. The only stock part i have would be the cat, which i will be changing.

I love it, it sounds nice, especially at the higher RPMS. I get of looks and its not too loud or annoying. I figured that no matter what all 4 cyls will fart a bit so i went for the best pitch.

Well truthfully its only the muffler that is HKS, but the piping its semi-custom made, its a very direct route. I'm not sure of the header make but it looks custom as well. The only stock part i have would be the cat, which i will be changing.

I love it, it sounds nice, especially at the higher RPMS. I get of looks and its not too loud or annoying. I figured that no matter what all 4 cyls will fart a bit so i went for the best pitch.

haha heard that, I am really leaning towards the Megan Racing drift spec though..for the price and what I hear about it I believe it is going to suit me best but who know's Imma do some more research before I get anything, although i am 99% positive ill b getting the megan racing 421 header

I am interested to see some other responses about the exhaust. I wanna see some opinions so I can guage what I should do to finish mine as far as the cat back portion is concerned.

Back