B16A (SiR-II) or D16Z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got a B16a2 for my 92 civic cx and it kicks ass. If your new at this engine building thing like me don't go with the d, engine building is hard (unless your dad can help) you will just have to pay somebody to put the internals in for you then you'll pay out the ass for that.

GO WITH THE B!

Yo heres what you need

OK,:mellow: so i have a 93' honda del sol and i've got 2.5 grand to spend on gettin a new engine for it because my old engine has gone out. I have narrowed it down to 2 different engines. Either the original engine which is the D16Z6 or the B16A. I have been reading about the pro's and cons of both such as price, hp, etc. I realize that the D16 has no where near the hp as the B16, but that can be made up in mods such as new headers, air intake, and things of that such. The main thing i'm worried about is if i go to drop a B16 down in there, am i going to be spendin another grand just to make it run? or will should the engine mount straight in? i realize that the possibility of it mounting straight in won't be very likely but i was wonderin about how much more it would cost for me to make it work. I am looking for somethin that also isn't gonna take me 2 weeks to do cuz i got school startin back up within the month. so if there is anyone who has done this swap or knows the outcome plz lemme know what i'm gettin myself into. thx
Hey dude, I did the exact same swap on my civic, its simple, if you are truely doing a jdm SiRII motor swap you will be pushing 170hp, its kick ass, but you need B series mounts (94-01 integra mounts will work too) you need a shift linkage (integra also) and you need new b series axels, some one said somethin about a new cable, thats bs, you dont need any of that shit, take it to a place that knows what they are doing, or try your self, the new ecu will come with the engine, yeah have fun

Back