B16A SiR-II Turbo, How much HP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ha_neon

I'm looking to swap a B16A SiR-II into my 92 Civic Hatch and boost 8psi does anyone have a similar setup I was wondering about how much HP/TQ that would generate. Stock B16A on 8psi. I could get a B18C for around the same price but I want to hear that turbo blow off...

what size turbo? Sir2 swaps depending on the year have 158 or 168 HP at the crank, and depending on the turbo size you usually see 10-20 HP per psi.. so rough estimate somewhere in the low to mid 200 WHP range id say, and that is with proper tuning. There are a lot of varibles, since your JDM engine is used i doubt its getting the claimed factory HP

I'm only looking for about 200 HP at the crank so is this an easy goal with a used JDM motor stock on 8psi? properly tuned with hindata and aftermarket fuel pump, injectors. also the uasual tune-up parts such as timing belt, tensioner, water pump, oil pump, spark plugs, etc...?

Last edited:
People make over 300whp on stock longblocks all day, B16's, GSR's, LS's, Type R's etc. With proper tuning and fuel management 300whp won't be a problem on 8-10psi with a decent turbo and turbo parts.

I would suggest if you wanna go turbo go with a b18b, the b18b is much cheaper then a b16a and you've got that extra displacement to ram more fuel and air into. I believe the Vtec engines also require more tuning when it comes to turbo since they are built up around N/A power.

Better bang for the buck IMO.

Back