1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16A SiR-II Turbo, How much HP

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by ha_neon, May 22, 2007.

1. ha_neon

ha_neon New Member

I'm looking to swap a B16A SiR-II into my 92 Civic Hatch and boost 8psi does anyone have a similar setup I was wondering about how much HP/TQ that would generate. Stock B16A on 8psi. I could get a B18C for around the same price but I want to hear that turbo blow off...

2. MrJDM206

MrJDM206 got boost?

what size turbo? Sir2 swaps depending on the year have 158 or 168 HP at the crank, and depending on the turbo size you usually see 10-20 HP per psi.. so rough estimate somewhere in the low to mid 200 WHP range id say, and that is with proper tuning. There are a lot of varibles, since your JDM engine is used i doubt its getting the claimed factory HP

3. ha_neon

ha_neon New Member

I'm only looking for about 200 HP at the crank so is this an easy goal with a used JDM motor stock on 8psi? properly tuned with hindata and aftermarket fuel pump, injectors. also the uasual tune-up parts such as timing belt, tensioner, water pump, oil pump, spark plugs, etc...?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  4. 1994turbodelsol

1994turbodelsol V8 EATER!!

5. Ress887

Ress887 New Member

People make over 300whp on stock longblocks all day, B16's, GSR's, LS's, Type R's etc. With proper tuning and fuel management 300whp won't be a problem on 8-10psi with a decent turbo and turbo parts.

6. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

I would suggest if you wanna go turbo go with a b18b, the b18b is much cheaper then a b16a and you've got that extra displacement to ram more fuel and air into. I believe the Vtec engines also require more tuning when it comes to turbo since they are built up around N/A power.

Better bang for the buck IMO.

7. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

50 trim on 8 psi would put you around 230 whp

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted