1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B16a Sir Ii

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by HondaSIRguy, May 5, 2003.

1. HondaSIRguy

HondaSIRguy Junior Member

I have a clean 91' honda dx hatchback with all si parts. I just bought a b16a sir II Mugen headers, real Mugen ecu and a 3 stage master clutch yesterday but the transmission is automatic. What kind of tranny would be great for this motor? what are useually the price ranges? I was thinking si, Ls or a rear B16. I can't really find any on the net. Tell me what you guys think.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Why did you buy a 92-95 B16A?

So your car is auto and you want to convert it,or the motor you got is auto and you want a manual tranny to fit your car?

3. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

I think he has a manual 91 with a SirII automatic. Here's what I think you got an OBD-0 car with an OBD-1 motor. (not sure how you have a stage 3 clutch on an automatic tranny, but we'll forget that for now) You could.... get a OBD converting harness or make one. You could pull a B16 cable tranny from somewhere, but here's what i would do..... Part it out... Sell the header, ecu, clutch, motor all seperately. You can even break down the motor and part it out. You'll have at least 3-4k. Buy a B16A1, (1000 bucks) and put some cams and cam gears, maybe a new header like a comptech or sumthin.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i agree. you are asking to spend more money and have a headache.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted