B16A SIR into 98 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

are all p28 ecu OBD1? if not, how do i tell when buying?

also, would a type-r linkage be better then an sir linkage for the lsd tranny?

As far as I know all p28's are obd1 and shift linkage wont matter as long as it fits correctly. DONT RUN A P28... I had the same swap on a p28 and it was draggin ass. Either spend the money for a p30 or call John Vega of phearable.net and get a custom built crome pro chipped ecu for 185 shipped. I recommed doing this if you plan to upgrade later so you wont have to spend as much on tunning @ shop or if it's not a major upgrade (just a set of cams or something) you can order a new chip shipped for 30 from him pre tunned for your specific setup.

Not trying to advertise for this guy in anyway as I do not know him on a personal basis or have never met in person. Just trying to help a fellow hondaphile out... they come with a lifetime warranty and already have a port for datalogging.

Last edited:
ok

so im getting an SiR shift linkage

I bought an OBD2a > OBD1 jumper harness

The OBD1 distributor is there

I have starter and alternator

Now, I need 99-00 Si axles and which half shaft do I need?

Also, is it just the rear 99-00 Si engine mount that I need?

The 99-00si half shaft I believe. Other things may work as well. The only mount you will need is the rear 99-00si bracket.

hey, i'm doing this swap also only with an SiR I jdm b16a into an ek. can anyone verify exactly what i need to keep my A/C and power steering? what parts do i keep from my d16y8 and what do i get from an integra or si? this information would be helpful to other viewers also. thanks in advance

Same problem. have a bunch of EG civic delsol manuals and none of them have any info on the DOHC Delsol.

u guys should try searching Honda-Tech...this has been covered soo many times

qtmac_mien said:
u guys should try searching Honda-Tech...this has been covered soo many times

search honda-tech for what?

i dont need the manual for swap information...i need the manual for engine building information and replacing parts

I have the manual that covers the first gen JDM b16 and another that also covers the d16y series motors and the b16a2. They're both in pdf format and I'd be more than happy to send them your way if you have a broadband connection.

skillz2k5 said:
I have the manual that covers the first gen JDM b16 and another that also covers the d16y series motors and the b16a2. They're both in pdf format and I'd be more than happy to send them your way if you have a broadband connection.

msn?

Back