b16a starter help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bboy88

Hey guys iam new to the site..Just want to say Hi to everyone...Anyways i got a 90 jdm b16a ( first gen motor) swap hatchback...and iam trying to remove the starter but dont know how...sad huh lol...But if anyone can tell me how to..Like what size mm do i need? how many bolts are on there? Do i have to disconnect anything besides the starter wires?

Thanxs bboy!

Sorry your not getting any answers man. Its just that the starter is pretty self expanatory.
You got a bolt on top and the other on the bottom. you might have to feel it by sliding your finger under the fender. once you have located it, unbolt it from the top or the engine bay. also i believe its a 12mm? cant remember. its only 2 bolts though. dont remove the long skinny ones. If you do your sarter will come apart and its a pain to get it back together. lol it happened to me when i first started. good luck

thanxs man i got it the bottom bolt is tuff and the 12 mm is to small for the bolts but iam having troubles witht he bottom but i wont give up...6-7 years had this car and the worse problem was the battery lol untill now lol...But thanxs man

Yeah,it kinda sucks! Its just really cramped in there. Take your time,and take note of where the wires went when you take it out. There aren't that many though.
Good luck!

Back