b16a stroker kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
I've heard you can stroke a B16 to up to a 2.0. What kind of hp/tq could this generate? Also would this application be boostable? Would I have to use aftermarket pistons and sleves for a CRV if I wanted a good ammount of boost? Fill me in..

Power? Who knows... each setup is different- go ask Crower or something.

Boostable? Probably. What kind of condition is your block in?

Aftermarket pistons/sleeves in a B20B/Z? Dunno- how much boost? I would definitely recommend resleeving any Honda engine if you want to boost more than 1 bar / 14.7 psi.

the pacmotorsports B16 stroker motor puts out 245-250 hp and 201 tq. they say it can handle tons of boost and has generated 600 hp in their race civic. ive already ordered mine and its in my garage.Fmaxx turbo kit is on the way. ( gotta fix the front end first though and buy the swap parts)

Originally posted by htrcivic96sir@Dec 30 2002, 04:29 PM
the pacmotorsports B16 stroker motor puts out 245-250 hp and 201 tq. they say it can handle tons of boost and has generated 600 hp in their race civic. ive already ordered mine and its in my garage.Fmaxx turbo kit is on the way. ( gotta fix the front end first though and buy the swap parts)

I don't know 250hp at 2.0liters and can handle tons of boost? Something doesn't sound right, what's the compression ratio??

i checked out that pac motorsports and the stroker kit starts out at $3500! i dunno about that for 250 hp seems like you can get it a lot cheaper.

Yup. Too expensive to stroke...

If you're going to stroke a B16, why not spend that extra cash getting a B18C instead, or buiding a rock solid B20/VTEC? I really don't think the stroker kits are worth it unless you really want to keep the stock block in your car, or unless you're already at the longest OEM stroke available for your block. Stroking a B20/VTEC setup to get more torque- sure I can see that. Stroking a B16 when you can just buy a B18 instead... that's just a waste of money.

yeah I know about pricing vs a swap, it was just a gewiz question wanted to get some more background knowledge.

Ah. Well theoretically.....

If you want to stroke a B16 with a factory crank/rods, you typically won't be able to do so because the piston will extend past the deck of the short block and ram into the top of the combustion chamber. If the stroker kit claims to be able to stroke the B16 to 2.0L, then it uses some more trick geometry to be able to extend stroke without having clearance issues. The geometry is probably also better than just stroking the engine, so rev capability probably isn't compromised as much. My guess is that most of the stroker kits on the market use a long stroke crank (duh) with slightly extended rods and pistons with extremely high wrist pin mount points. This would allow for more stroke without smashing the pistons into the valves/combustion chamber, and still retain some sort of decent rod/stroke ratio. This might be all worth it if you want to build a really tame looking sleeper... you could have a high revving 2.0L engine hidden under then "B16A" stamp on the block, with a ton of internal modifications to the head to back it up.

How does that sound for you?

Back