1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a swap change to b18a wiring

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by shockwave, Jan 22, 2008.

1. shockwave

shockwave New Member

hey guys im new to this site and i was wondering if anyone could help me how to go along with this swap i have a 90 civic with b16 swap but i want to convert it to a b18a how would i go about changin the wiring , any comments would be greatly apprechiated thank you,

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Why exactly do you want to do this? Do you realize the B18A is non-VTEC and makes less horsepower than the B16 you already have? Instead of doing a full swap, I'd just keep your B16 head, and swap out the block for a B18. Then you'll have a more powerful motor, with higher displacement, and you won't have to do any wiring changes.

3. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

That does seem kind of backwards. If you really want to downgrade all you have to do is get the computer that corresponds to the motor you are using and trace back the four wires in the vtec sub harness to the ECU plugs and cut them out. Or if you wanted to be lazy you could just un-plug them and tape them out of the way. (Although I discourage this swap as well.)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted