b16a swap help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dextercivic

I have a B16 that was once swaped into a 91 si that was wrecked. I now have a 96 civic si that I want to swap it into. I'm wondering if I can change the B series to obd2 by using the stuff from my current motor, or what I need to switch to obd1. Your help would be welcome, thanx.

I'm sure there are obd2 to obd1 converters, but it is illegal for street use in the States and Canada. Rywire should have what you need. Other than that, your question could have been answered by a simple search.

Its not illegal in the states, its only illegal in Florida and California. Every other state is pretty lax. Its basically 'pass emissions for the vehicle and not for the engine' rules. If you can do that then you're fine.

I know in Ontario and most of Canada, defined by the C.C. if you throw a old motor in a newer car it is considered illegal modification. My city is probably the biggest advocator, ffs if you get caught going over 50kmh you lose your car, $10,000 fine, license ban, and could face jail time.

argh

u can use it but u gona have too stretch the wires a lil like make em a bit longer and stuff. or juss get a OBD2 b series engine harness but make sure its a Vtec harness not ls i did it b4 its not hard.

As far as switching over to obd2, would i be able to use my dizzy and such to make it work? I have the ecu part figured out already i'm just refering to the part under the hood. Any useable advice would be appreciated.

Back