b16a swap in my 89 crx si tranny questions????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

optimusprime

Okay first im wondering what problems i may run into with dropping a b16a into my crx with a b18 tranny? I understand that the gears are longer with the b18 tranny which is why i wanna use it. I just wanted to see if anybody has some info for me, experience etc. Ls tranny yes or no?

LS tranny on a b16? hell no. it will eb slow as shit. the USDM S1 tranny isnt bad at all. Neither is the JDM S1. I get like 31 mpg avg. and I get on it a lot. (usdm S1 here). I had a jdm s1 but it took a crap. If you really want to have lower gearing put teh final drive of the LS in there...will still make it slower though <_<

ls trannies blow. Putting on your b16 defeats the purpose of the swap. It won't be fast, ever. Dont do it. If you want good gas milage stay with a stock motor.

it depends on if your going turbo or na
I have a ls tranny in my crx. but I am looking ahead for when I turbo it.
you'll want the longer gears for turbo if your car is a daily driver. if your just using it for racing then get a b16 tranny

Originally posted by ktanaka@Apr 4 2005, 09:32 PM
ls trannies blow. Putting on your b16 defeats the purpose of the swap. It won't be fast, ever. Dont do it. If you want good gas milage stay with a stock motor.
[post=482879]Quoted post[/post]​

it will be slower with that long tranny...defeating the purpose of the swap and turbo.

The USDM S1 tranny is very similar to teh GSR tranny and it is great daily and boosted.

Back