B16a Swap Into 88 Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxswap

im going to be swapping a b16 into an 88 dx here is what i gathered so far some people say you need the hasport mounts so it doesn't hit the hood but some say you can use the regular mounts and cut part of the frame out of the hood and it will fit or you can't use the regular mounts at all, so wich of the three is right? next some people say you have to buy the subharness from hasport for what i don't know (vtec mabey) but i also heard you can use the regular harness and the b16 ecu and just add three or four wires for vtec (vtec solenoid,vtec pressure switch,knock sensor) who is right i would really appreciate it if someone who has done this before or knows all about this to guide me in the right direction. :D

It is vtec,not vtech

Get the HAsport mounts and don't worry about it.

Get the subharness,and it will be easier.

Convert your car to MPFI,first.

only the 96+ have two o2's.

You still going to have to put a fist size dent in the frame,for the altenator pulley.

And get the shiftlinkage from HAspot so it is right the first time.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 19 2003, 04:29 PM
It is vtec,not vtech

Get the HAsport mounts and don't worry about it.

Get the subharness,and it will be easier.

Convert your car to MPFI,first.

only the 96+ have two o2's.

You still going to have to put a fist size dent in the frame,for the altenator pulley.

And get the shiftlinkage from HAspot so it is right the first time.

the obd0 pr3 and pw0 ecu's DO i repeat DO look for two o2 sensors.

one zexy crx did you do this swap into your crx or did it come si if you did it yourself how and is your car jdm or usdm? and do you know how to convert to mpfi?

Originally posted by crxswap@Mar 19 2003, 05:09 PM
one zexy crx did you do this swap into your crx or did it come si if you did it yourself how and is your car jdm or usdm? and do you know how to convert to mpfi?

its a usdm 1990 crx si

i did the swap myself

my car came stock with the MPFI setup

one zexy crx how did you do the swap did you buy the hasport mounts or did you use the regular mounts what mods did you do to the crx to get the b16 running smoothly like shift linkage wiring for vtec mount problems if any

Back