b16a swap into 91 si hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

x1xblinkx3x

alright im not good with this stuff but here goes...my zc just blew up i didnt like that motor too much i want vtec so im looking at a b16 at hmotorsonline and basically i can get the complete changeover or motor tranny and ecu but if i get the complete changeover the mounts they give me wont work and the shift linkage needs to be modified and i dont know how to do that so what should i do here to get the best deal...its gonna be $2,285 after shipping and everything thats kinda steep for me id appreciate any help given

where you from? There is a place up in toronto called Luckystar, they will get you the full swap for 1450 Ie (engine, ecu, harness, tranny, etc), then you just need the linkage and the mounts (which should work out of a 90 teggy). I got mine from there an almost got my 88 si on the road, engines are JDM imports (mine still had the jap oil filter lol), and guaranteed 30-50000 miles. Used Auto Parts Used Car Parts Truck Salvage Yards Japanese and Import Auto Parts Lucky Star Japanese Auto Parts they dont list pricing on their site, but when I called them 3 months ago, thats what they were asking. might be an option for you

welll im actually in maryland united states but i that hmotors has the best price so far until they gave me that bs but ur sayin i can use 90 tegra mounts?

You need cutom mounts, Place Racing and Avid make good mounts for a good price, youll need to either buy a pre-fabbed shift linkge setup from Hasport ($150) or shorten you own from a DA Teg, I would highly recommendthe pre-fabbed linkage its worth the money. You will also need the axles from the DA Integra, a PR3 or PW0 ECU (If its OBD0) Which Im assuming it is, it will make things much easier for you if it is. Then some minor wiring for vtec, and a BFH to a few places for clearance issues.

i second ef's opinion about the linkage. it's very worth the 150bucks to not do the whole trial and error process. plus you get the new linkage that connects to the shift rod. older vehicles will have some slop in that.

so im getting the mounts and linkage separately and im buying the b16a just the engine tranny and ecu for 1500 what else do i need besides vtec wiring and axles...and the axles from a 90 integra will work?

Yes the axles from the 90-93 Integra are what you want. And you wont need to buy the vtec sub-harnnes if the motor comes with the engine harness and if not some guy on here sells the vtec sub-harness. Monotech is his name.

ite thanks man i cant wait to drive it with vtec in it lol im buyin the linkage from avis and the mounts off ebay...they got a lifetime warranty so it should be straight and ima go to the junkyard tomorrow to get some axles...i appreciate your help guys

Back