B16A Swap Into a 94 Integra Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleepinLS

I am buying a Gen 1 B16A out of a 92-95 SiR. I was wondering if i could get a responce from ayone who may have this swap. The motor already has JUN Race Cams. I'm using my LS tranny on the B16 also. LS tranny's are a little stronger in the quarter then the B16's were...although the b16 tranny might have a little more in higher speeds. Please leave your opinions. Also..anyone who may have this swap...please provide your quarter times so i can have an idea of the gain i will see off this motor swap. Thanks

DO NOT PUT A B16 IN YOUR 94+ INTEGRA. it will most likely be slower then it was withthe stock engine in it. why you ask? TORQUE. the b16 puts out a whopping 116 lb/ft. your car weighs 2643 lbs if it is the coupe, or 2703 lbs if you have the sedan. your car simply weighs to much for the lil b16 to handle

a friend of mine has a b16 in his 2nd gen integra and his best time was 17.1. not to mention a couple 17.6's and anyhting in between.

Originally posted by SleepinLS@Jan 18 2004, 11:41 PM
LS tranny's are a little stronger in the quarter then the B16's were...although the b16 tranny might have a little more in higher speeds.

who told u that a b16 trans will give u shorter gear ratios which is better for the1/4 mile while the ls trans is good for higher speeds doe to the longer gears B) and yes i would not advise u to put that motor into any 3rd gen integra. i got one in my 2nd gen and the best that i got out of it with a stock motor, exaust, and intake was 15.6 and im fat. 245 pounds

Originally posted by SleepinLS@Jan 19 2004, 05:41 AM
I am buying a Gen 1 B16A out of a 92-95 SiR. I was wondering if i could get a responce from ayone who may have this swap. The motor already has JUN Race Cams. I'm using my LS tranny on the B16 also. LS tranny's are a little stronger in the quarter then the B16's were...although the b16 tranny might have a little more in higher speeds. Please leave your opinions. Also..anyone who may have this swap...please provide your quarter times so i can have an idea of the gain i will see off this motor swap. Thanks

1st gen B16A's weren't in the 92-95s, they were in the 89-91's. They have the wrong tranny, injectors, distributor to work in your car. Also by switching to a B16A over a B18B in a heavier teg, you'll wind up slower, especially if you use the LS tranny. And yea whoever told you that the B16A tranny has a higher top speed than the LS is whack. B16A/B, and ITR trannies are geared short for acceleration, so they LOSE top end. LS trannies are geared longer so they gain top end, but the sacrifice is acceleration.

you might as well make a custom motor mount kit and put a D16Y8 in there. B16's in ANY integras (except for maybe the first gens...) are worthless pieces of crap.

Back