B16A Swap into DA lacking power BAD!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rchondarepair

I am dealing with a 1990 4 Door 5Sp Acura Integra that has a B16A Swap. It is suffering from a lack of power. I can drive it, but it suffers on hills, and I have to remain in 4th gear on the freeway to maintain ANY drive-ability. It is also wasting gas quite badly/ running rich. I am getting approx. 13 miles per gallon. On the other hand it idles fine, and will rev throughout the rpm range up to 8K, but it is lacking in power. The following is a list of thing I have already addressed:

PR3 ECU came from a well running car

Injectors and resistor box came from a well running car

Distributor came from a well running car and I even changed the cap and rotor

All other Sensors are hooked up correctly- as far as I can tell

Timing Belt is installed correctly/ has not been changed since car was down due to blown trans. But had normal power at that point

No engine codes are being thrown

I have tried brand new spark plugs (NGK-R) and multiple different sets of plug wires.

The only thing I have not personally addressed is the exhaust system. I dont have the money to waste a hundred bucks at a muffler shop. The car does not have a catalytic converter, but does have an exhaust leak (judging by its sound when running)

The car is not in safety mode as it revs to 8K rpm, however it seems to rev slowly through-out the power band.

The engine compression tested to 175psi across the board, so I dont think the engine is bad.

I am, in my mine and others opinion a competent Honda mechanic and have numerous swaps under my belt. This is my only Daily Driver at this point and I dont have much money left to throw at it. I am absolutely baffled. Thank you for reading this long winded post!!!

I appreciate any and all suggestions. BTW you can email me direct at rchondarepair@yahoo.com

Back