b16a swap into integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KaZz

I have a few questions which I desperately need answered and I figured
HondaSwap.com would be the perfect place to ask. I own a 2nd gen Honda Integra
and I was wondering, if I was to put a b16a in there, would i
need to change the axles and the shift linkage? Or would they also be a
direct bolt in as the engine?

Also if I decide to go with the b18c instead, I understand that I would
be running an OBD engine in a nonOBD chasis, but other than that, is it a
bolt in swap? Will I need aftermarket axles and shift linkage? I understand
that a cable to hydraulic conversion kit is required for the transmission. I
have also heard that you must cut a hole into the ground to fit the shift
linkage, is this true? Anyway, any information would be extremely
helpful!

ok... i have a 90 integra... i'm swapping in a 92 XSi (b16a) engine into it. it came as a package so i got the axles and shift linkage, but... i was told i didn't need them. i still have a few days before i figure out for sure... as i'm in the process of swapping.

if you decide to a b16a, if your car is 90 or 91, and your motor is 92+ obd will be a factor for you regardless. now, another point is... the car is obd0 not NON obd. NON obd is earlier than the g2 integra.

all b series motors (to my knowledge) are direct bolt ins... it's when you get the H22 and K20 where it's a REAL pain in the ass.

if you get the JDM B16A XSi motor, (92-93) then it will be a bolt in affair, with only obd to deal with... but... it will still have a CABLE tranny... which is (in my case) convenient. less parts to buy! hahaha

i hope i helped some. any more questions... you can hit me up!!!

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Jan 13 2004, 09:02 PM
the car is obd0 not NON obd. NON obd is earlier than the g2 integra.

Exactly!...obd0 is not non obd, it's actually pre '88

obd0 = '88-'91
obd1 = '92-'95
obd2 = '96+

see OBD History

;)

a B16 in a 2nd gen integra is a worthless piece of crap. No kind of torque at all, trust me you'd be wayyyyyy better off with the LS you got in there right now. If anything get a GSR or a B20 in there. But stay away from that B16, even the B17 in 92-93 GSR's kinda suck with torque. But if you still decide to do the swap and all, yeah its just a bolt in affair. Then all you need is a PR3 or PW0 ecu.

for either swap that your thinking about you can you the axles, halfshaft, and shift linkage that you currently have.
on the b18c swap you cant use the hydraulic tranny without custom fabrication. if you were thinking about using the hasport cable to hydraulic conversion kit, because its made for the us ef chassis it wont work unless you custom fab an upper tranny mount. and the place racing doesnt make their cable to hydro parts anymore.

a B16 in a 2nd gen integra is a worthless piece of crap. No kind of torque at all, trust me you'd be wayyyyyy better off with the LS you got in there right now. If anything get a GSR or a B20 in there. But stay away from that B16, even the B17 in 92-93 GSR's kinda suck with torque. But if you still decide to do the swap and all, yeah its just a bolt in affair. Then all you need is a PR3 or PW0 ecu.

first of all, why would they put a b16 in the JDM integras if it is 'a worthless piece of crap'

2nd- it's cheaper by quite a bit to do this swap.

3- what kind of car do you have, and what swap is in it? are you saying it's a worthless piece of crap from experience??? or do you just not know how to drive?

it's not like swapping to a b16 will make you spank everyone out there. but, here it's quite a common swap... obviously it must be working for many people.

here is the specs on each...

B18C1
Displacement (cc): 1797
Power (bhp@rpm): 170@7600
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 128@6200
Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
Bore (mm): 81
Stroke (mm): 87.2
Cam Design: dohc
VTEC?: yes
OBD: 1 or 2
Year(s) Produced: 1994-2001
In the following car(s): Acura Integra GSR

B16A SiR II
Displacement (cc): 1595
Power (bhp@rpm): 170@7600
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 116@7000
Compression Ratio: 10.4:1
Bore (mm): 81
Stroke (mm): 77.4
Cam Design: dohc
VTEC?: yes
OBD: 1
Year(s) Produced: 1992-1995
In the following car(s): 92-93 JDM Integra XSi, Honda Civic SiR II (JDM)

the difference is 12 ft lbs of torque. i don't think that makes the b16 motor in a g2 a 'worthless piece of crap' at all.

EDIT: if your name is Gen2Teg, and you have an XSi as your avatar, why do you claim the b16 to be a worthless piece of crap?? the XSi has that motor in it... i'm just confused on why you would downtalk a car (and engine) you appear to like.

:roll:

DAYUUUUUUUmmmmmm StarBellie just :owned: j000. I know we all dreamed of a hottie chick to own us...but not like THAT... :lol:

Back