b16a swap into my 94

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5thgenerationc

i have a 94 honda civic ex,(stock sohc vtec) and i am in the process of doing a swap with a 99 civic si motor with an ls tranny.but i am purchasing the motor with no wiring harness..so my question is what do i need to buy or what can i do to get this swap underway? :worthy:

you can get away with your harness plus adding some other wires...but I recommend you don't buy that LS tranny with the 1.6 setup...the gearing really blows....

get a GSR, of if you want to go quicker then ITR/SiR

you'll be fine with your wiring harness. you shouldn't even have to add any wires because you already have vtec

but :withstupid: on the LS trans.... don't even bother with that because the gearing will slow you down alot. I have the jdm version of that motor with the b16 tranny and I think I might put a new final drive in next summer to make the gearing even shorter

the EX harness will work. YOu just need to extend the O2 sensor wires, because the Sensor is farther Down on the header. The knock sensor will also have to be wired in. Unless you are running a EX ECU chipped. The LS tranny will fuck you over. I have that exact setup. I am pissed because the people set me it and won't replace it. I am putting in a GSR tranny soon but i wish I could get a type -r.
YOu will also need axels! -check to see if the swap comes with them

Good luck- any questions e-mail me.

Darin

Back